Chapter 8 "Live and Learn"

CONTINUED: LEVI'S POV
I drove as fast as I could to the vets office and Erwin was waiting outside for me. When I got there I ran straight to him. He didn't seem distraught or upset but pleased. "What's with the smug look!" I yelled. He held his hands up in defense. "If you think I'm happy your partner almost died you've got another thing coming. Eren will be fine." When I heard those words from his mouth I let out a sigh and I let my shoulder slump. "How is he now?" I asked nervously. "Well, they had him in surgery for a while and right now he's stable. He'll wake up in a little while." I nodded slowly and ran my hand through my hair. "You can take him home soon too. I suggest you're there when he wakes up." With that Erwin left. I was puzzled and I asked one of the nurses if I could see him. She nodded right away and led me to where he was. When I got there I knelt down beside Eren and I stroked his head gently. He seemed so peaceful, to think I gave him this kind of life...

EREN'S POV
Everything was dark. I couldn't see, smell, nothing. All I felt was cold and pain. I wanted to be curled up at home on the couch, with Levi next to me petting my head. I had no idea where I was, for all I knew I was dead. I suddenly felt something warm touch my head. It was comforting and familiar, like something out of a dream. I forced my eyes open and when I saw Levi I let out a whimper. 'He's here...He didn't abandon me...' I was happy. I was alive and so was he. From the looks of it Levi was unharmed, filthy mind you which probably was bothering him to no end but safe.

LEVI'S POV
When I heard a whimper I looked up to see Eren awake. My gaze locked with his and I smiled happily. "You did good bud, thank you." I mumbled, scratching his ear and stroking his head. "I know you're probably hurting bad right now, I can't believe you did that!" I yelled, more relieved than angry and Eren seem to know that because he rolled his eyes. I sighed and rolled my eyes back. "I'll take you home soon ok?" Eren nodded and then dozed off, his head resting on a folding up blanket beneath him.

(Time skip! Brought to you Criminal Minds cause I'm watching it right now!)

THIRD PERSON POV
It was days later and Levi was finally allowed to bring Eren home. He was told to watch and make sure Erens stitches didn't rip. They didn't of course but Levi didn't take any chances. Eren had slowed down since the incident but it was expected. While he was healing, both were given leave and no one expected them to work until Eren was well. After this, Eren didn't leave Levi's side. He followed him everywhere and anywhere, being protective. Levi would scold him sometimes but couldn't stay mad, Eren was his life line and his partner.