chapter 15 I love you baby

The news that circulated in the school campus was that Liam had quit school and has gone to New York to work with his father. Others said, that he had a falling out with his mother and that's the reason why he went to work with him. Julia just rolled her eyes at the drama that the students invented. 

The next remaining weeks of school were hectic. They have term papers to finalize and submit, exams to take, and research paper to present. Sometimes, she would often wonder how things would have been different if Liam was still around. She missed him a lot. She missed his arms around her waist and his goofiness and the way he would bring laughter to their table during lunch. But he needed to be in New York and to help straighten out his father's business. 

The graduation after-party that Leni and Shasha had attended would have been great with Liam in it.  They had urged her to attend and even selected a guy for her as a date, but she declined. No one can compare with her Liam and even when Shasha had poetically said, "high school life comes only once". 

After graduation everything went back to normal again. She can breathe a sigh of relief as she resumed her work in the house that was helping her mother in the bookkeeping side of the business. Her mother was great in the social aspect of the that was meeting clients and convincing them for a business deal but her mother was terrible at keeping tabs of the debit and credit aspect of the business. 

So she did all those and learning more about how to improve and grow their business. She hadn't minded the work. And in fact, she doesn't mind the hours that she kept. She preferred to be by herself all the time and to be just surrounded by memories of her and Liam. 

She may hate Liam for his deceit but she couldn't deny the fact that she had felt wonderful and beautiful in his arms. Their time in the pool can still set her senses reeling. Her body can still remember how his touch felt and his caress on her skin. She needed him so much that sometimes she would wish that Liam is lying next to her during the night caressing her until she would be on fire. She wanted to feel him so much that she wanted to hear once again his moans when he made love to her.

But then again reality would set in. He is much needed in New York than here. She can't stop the turn of events the same as she can't stop the death of his father. She has forgiven him about the bet as he had explained everything to her before he left. He confessed that she had become an important part of his life as the days have gone by. And Mc Kenzie had even confessed that he made the bet because he saw the way Liam looked at her which made Liam turned red when Mc Kenzie had told her.  

When loneliness engulfed and choked her with it she would drown her sorrow by accompanying and helping her mother in the kitchen baking and testing new recipes that they lure their future clientele. 

It was only a month after graduation, that she showed signs that she was pregnant, her mother was disappointed at the turn of events, and wanted to go to Liam's parents to demand full support for the baby but she calmed her down by telling her that her child is Liam's responsibility and not of his parents. Then her mother demanded that she will tell Liam about the baby.

But when Liam called a week after sounding so depressed and telling her that his father's business is losing and that he was doing his best to save it she didn't have the heart to add up to his worries. He had cried too on one of their weekly calls that he feared that he might also lose the childhood home that he loved so much which his father had gifted him. The home was also listed as the company's assets. So she kept the pregnancy to herself. Maybe she can tell him when everything is alright in New York. So from then on, no one talked about demanding support from Liam. 

Her friends Leni and Shasha had gone to college by the time she was showing and they too didn't know about her pregnancy. She planned to tell them after the baby is born. 

She kept herself to the house and doing her mother's bookkeeping and waiting for Liam's weekly call. He sounded more depressed as the weeks passed but she urged him on to do what he thought would be the best for keeping his father's business afloat. Then eight months later into keeping the business he gave her a call and he sounded happy for the first as he told her that he decided to get into a partnership with someone who was also interested in helping him. 

Then his calls were getting less and less until one night she finally gave him a call. He answered her call but told her that he can't keep her call longer for he was busy at the moment. But the sound at the other end told her that he was with friends and in some bar as she can hear music and laughter in the background. 

Then she waited for his call a week later but he never did then she dialed his phone but he can't be reached so she gave up trying to reach out to him. 

She gave birth a week later. Her mother was the only one on her side. Then to cheer her up her mother decided to throw a party for her child's first month birthday. Then Gwen and her mom's two kitchen staff became the Godmother of her child's baptism too. The event was celebrated with so much gusto by her mother who went crazy with the decor which she themed as Angel's Wings. 

After the baby was born she put all her energy into her mother's business while at the same time working hard on her online course on business management. Her baby cried so she stood up to give him his milk. "Hush now my love, mommy will take good care of you," she whispered as she cradled her son to her chest. "I love you baby," she cried as she closed her eyes.