chapter 2 at the mansion

Julia had a hard time sleeping that night. She dreamt of her father and then of Liam. And all it did was made her tired. Her mind just keeps on running around the events when her father left them for another woman. In her dream she would see her father walking out the front door then the images would shift then suddenly it would be Liam walking out the front door. Tiredly, she lift herself out the bed. 

Looking at the clock and looking at the light casting its shadows in her room. She has guessed that it was already noontime. She takes off her nightdress and from how it smelled she decided that it has served enough days and so she dropped it to her laundry basket. A lot of clothes have already been piled up so she should be doing her laundry anytime soon. 

Her mother is asking for her help with tonight's event. They were to cater to tonight's event. Her mother is busy in the kitchen and giving last-minute instructions with her catering staff.

She often wondered how her mother can manage her work schedule. She is often on the go but when she needed her, her mother would almost put everything to a stop to accommodate and listen to her fears and worries about friends and school works.

She went into the garage and she can hear the head waiter repeating and clarifying her mother's instructions. Some of the staff saw her coming and waved at her. Her mother's team is the best. They are efficient at what they do. 

Their pastry chef came out of the kitchen and hand her favorite cookie.  "Oh thank you Gwen."
She said as she stuffed the cookie to her mouth.  She wanted to continue her mother's business and that is why she opted to study Home Economics in her senior year. 

She wonders if tonight is another boring night. The last client her mother took on is super meticulous. She decided to check every item that they bring and she made sure each dish is served at a particular time. She was a very hard patron to work for. 

To help ease the burden of tonight's work she thought of giving the crew an energy boost. And that is why she bought lots of chocolates with almonds for tonight. And also she decided to go with the crew who would set up the buffet table at the reception for tonight's event. It is a big wedding event and there would be two hundred guests.  Setting up the buffet area is also hard work for they need it to be beautiful and within the standards of the client's taste.  

The reception of the wedding is located at one of the poshest places in town. It is on Beverly Hills Drive, where the only rich lives. She's often amazed at how her mother was able to get this kind of assignment.

Once there she sees that the place was already fully decorated, the tables were set-up and adorned beautifully with flowers and candle holders that are just magnificent to look at. The crew were all at awe with the decorations that they right away get their cameras and took a snapshot as they posed at the magnificent arched entrance to the garden where the wedding reception is to be held. 

After the fun, we set up the buffet table, the lights, flowers, and the fountain that we will be using to make our buffet table as catchy and beautiful just like the rest of the reception area. The bride and groom have chosen to have "Cupid" to be at the center of our buffet table. So we put that up and placed the fountains to be at the corner where we will also be setting up the desserts to be served. The chocolate fountain was also a must in this affair. 

 After the grueling work of putting everything like the figurines, fountains, and flowers and pricking my fingers skirting the table, we surveyed our work. It is, as usual, fantastic not just to boast. The new skirting design that we use made the buffet table look magnificent. I get my camera to capture the decor so we can add it to our collection album for future reference for our clients. 

As I took a snap a hand snake out around my waist, instantly I know who it belongs to.