Chapter 16

Cara walked down the aisle in her dress, holding a flower bouquet alone. Everyone turned to look at her and smiled. Today was Heather's wedding day and Cara was so happy for her best friend. She walked on to the stage and stood with the other bridesmaids and Leah's maid of honor.

Heather made the decision that she would stand on the podium and wait for Leah because she wanted to. Soon enough the doors opened and Leah, hand in hand with her father entered the room in her an over the top satin ball gown with a multilayered voluminous skirt and a big Swarovski crystal bow at the waistline with a sleeveless top.

She looked breathtaking and Heather was in tears. Cara rubs Heather back and watch Leah walk onto the stage.

"Top of Form

Bottom of Form

"Please be seated," the officiant said as everyone sat down.

"First, I'd like to begin by welcoming everyone and thanking each and every one of you for being here on this most happy of days. It's no accident that each of you are here today, and each of you were invited to be here because you represent someone important in the individual and collective lives of Leah and Heather.

I truly can't think of a better venue than here for an occasion that I know is not only monumental for the wedded-couple-to-be, but for all of us who are lucky to know and love them as individuals; but even more so as a perfect pairing.

Today, you gain an equal partner that will be your confidant, your defender and your motivator through all of your aspirations and goals. You will celebrate each accomplishment, provide peace through every setback and most importantly, give love in life's both big and little moments," he said and they exchanged their vows due to which everyone in the room had tears in their eyes.

They exchanged their rings as Jack held them and waited for the end.

"Do you Leah Gomez take Heather Williams as your lawfully wedded wife in sickness and in health till death does you apart?" he asked and Leah smiles at Heather.

"I do," she said.

"Do you Heather Williams take Leah Gomez as your lawfully wedded wife in sickness and in health till death does you apart?" he asked and Heather nods.

"I do," she said finally.

"Then, I pronounce you wife and wife. Heather, you may kiss your bride," he said and everyone cheered as they kissed. They were so happy.

"Everyone I present, Mrs. Heather Williams-Gomez and Mrs. Leah Gomez Williams," Cara announced as the couple turned to look at everyone. Cara did in fact pay for the entire wedding and they decided to have a small and private one, unlike Cara's.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen.

If you haven't had the chance to meet me yet, my name is Cara Holland. Heather and I have been best friends for around the last 5 years. We first met at college one day, and we just couldn't stand each other at the very first sight. As you see, things have changed a bit eventually.

I never had a sister until recently, but Heather has been like a sister to me for all these years. You could say we are even closer than sisters. We have similar tastes, we like similar clothes... I knew Heather had found the one when Leah walked into her life. Actually, you could see that it was love at first, second and third sight. She is her Prince Charming and it seems to me she gives her all she needs — a strong arm, a sympathetic ear and the love and respect that she deserves.
When you've been BFF for so long, you share more than just memories. Heather, I want you to know that you are like a sister to me. There are no words to describe how happy I am for you and Leah.

We are best friends, who are as close as sisters: our crazy adventures, sleepovers and summer vacations are forever in my memory. We've had our ups and downs but we've always been by each other's sides. And it's an honor for me to be by your side today, as you start your craziest adventure ever begins.
Once I finally met Leah, I could see why these two are so crazy about each other. I see how happy you make her, and I know that you would never hurt her. Best wishes on the new stage of your lives! May your love shine brightly forever! Congratulations. I love you both. To the brides!" Cara said ending her maid of honor speech and hugged the brides.

It was soon time for the dance so Ace grabbed his wife's hand and they danced together.

"It was beautiful wasn't it?" he asked and she nods.

"It was," she said smiling. She looked up and kissed him because it reminded her of their wedding. She turned to look at Jack and found Hailey and him dancing together. Cara pointed it out to Ace and he laughed.

"They look cute together," Cara said and Ace agreed. They did look cute. Soon they cut the cake and the party was on.

"Cara! Hun, thank you so much for everything," Heather said hugging Cara and Cara smiled too.

"Love you too and congratulations," she said to both Leah and her. They spent some time there and decided to head home after everyone did and the first thing they did was change into their night wear, get ready for bed and sleep because they were exhausted.