Chapter 8

Cara and Ace were in Canada just walking in the streets, dressed down to avoid attention. It was summer so they were constantly either at the beach or just roaming the streets. They had been shopping previously and they decided to stop by a cute café place Cara had discovered earlier.

Cara loved their coffee and mainly the café wasn't too populated, it was underrated and not many people went there and it was on a quiet street so they wouldn't attract any attention to themselves even if they walked in.

"One Iced blonde Vanilla latte please," Cara ordered as Ace ordered his sandwich and some coffee when she noticed a guy outside the café freaking out about them. He looked like one of her hard core fans but she figured out he wasn't because he was giving her a sketchy behavior.

"No way!" the man exclaimed and Ace and Cara looked at each other confused. They decided to mind their own business and grabbed some napkins nearby and noticed that the man was peeking into the café from behind the wall and that freaked them out.

After all that he decides to walk in. He creates a screen in front of everyone. The café wasn't too filled, maybe with 6 people in there so everyone could hear them.

"How you doing bro?" he exclaimed and Ace was confused. The both of them thought that he was freaking out about Ace's work in his field since he was addressing Ace but then realized that no one would freak out so much about it.

"How you doing bro? I got to know how you're doing," he once again exclaimed and Ace decided to be nice.

"I am good thank you," he said still confused. The man looked over at Cara and looked at her up and down.

Cara felt self conscious about herself because she was dressed in a simple plain white bikini and had a cover-up dress with holes and cutout. She had been at the beach all this while so she didn't feel like changing.

He was staring at Cara up and down and Ace got super mad at him because he was checking out his wife right in front of him. He wanted to fight this guy because he was staring at her while he was talking to Ace.

"Dude, I have to know. Like how do you get a girl like that?" he asked leaning back against a chair still staring at Cara and not looking at Ace.

"We both found each other on the complete opposite sides of the world, we fell in love and got married," Ace said and that man was surprised.

"You guys are married? How old are the both of you?" he asked.

"I am 28 and she is 23," Ace answered and Cara just looked at the both of them.

"Why are you going to get married when you know you're just going to get divorced in a few years?" he asked. Cara and Ace were shocked at the rudeness. At this point, the entire café had gone silent and was listening to them.

"Being young is the time you got to fuck around and experiment. You need to figure out what you like. You sleep around with everyone while you still have the chance to do so before you put a ring around someone," he said and everyone was taken back at his disrespect towards someone's marriage.

"Well I wouldn't have ended up with her if I did so," Ace replied and it felt like a 'drop the mic moment'.

"Uh... Alright, I wish you guys the best of luck," he said walking out. Cara and Ace just looked at each other with confusion written on their faces after that uncomfortable encounter.

"Well played man," the barista said as he handed them their order and Cara looked up and smiled at Ace.

"That was actually good," Cara said and Ace smiled as he kissed her.