Chapter 2

Chapter 2

It had been a week since Cara had come to London and she was walking in the park nearby. She didn't draw attention to herself since she was dressed down in her normal pants, a t-shirt and some shoes.

She saw couple talking, in love all over the park and she subconsciously smiled at them. She hoped all of them got the happy ending they deserved. She saw a man, walking in the opposite direction to her, among the mist. He reminded her of Ace. They had a similar body and the same walking style.

She tried thinking about something else but she couldn't. This man was walking towards her and he stopped in front of her.

"Cara?" he asked and Cara squinted to look at him. She saw the green-brown eyes of the man and she recognised him immediately.

"Ace?" she asked and he moved closer to her. He looked just the same. She was confused to see him here because she didn't expect him to be here.

"What are you doing here?" she asked and he held her hands and looked deep into her eyes. She felt her butterflies in her stomach and her cheeks got hot as he did that.

"I should have never let you go Cara. I am so sorry for everything I have done and for the pain I have caused. I was stupid. I should've just called you and asked myself instead of making assumptions. I am sorry for being an asshole. You were the one for me and I never got over you. I love you and you only forever," he said and she was sad.

"I forgive you but you are getting married to Bethany. I can't do this to her because I know how it feels to be left alone by someone you love," she said but he smiled.

"Bethany and I are no longer together. She broke up with me saying that your love wasn't greater than hers and she hopes you can forgive her like you forgave me Cara. I love you bubba," he said and she got emotional. How much had she longed for him to say that?

"What?" she said and he got closer to her.

"We can be bubbas now," he said and she smiled widely.

"I love you too bubba," she said and they kissed. It was the excitement they had when they kissed 3 years ago for the first time. When they broke apart, they felt completed. They had found themselves in each other. He gave her a bouquet of red roses, classic flowers of love and Cara smiled because he hadn't forgotten about it.

"I fell in love with the same person over and over again. I guess there's only one person that my heart knew, and that is you. When I am asked about love, I do not have any answer to give. Honestly, I do not have any idea until I found you. You were the answer I am looking for. Love is being with the person you wanted to spend the rest of your life.

I have waited for too long to do this. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to see you every day when I wake up, or sleep. I will love and support you till your journey on this Earth ends. My voice is trembling, and my heart beats at a furious pace since I hope you will say me yes and make me the luckiest man on Earth. Bubba, will you marry me?" he asked going on his knee and Cara was taken by surprise.

"Bubba, you do not have to make such rapid decisions. You broke off your engagement to someone about a week ago and you divorced someone. Do not do this now. I do not want you to regret this. Think about it," she said and he shook his head.

"Cara, I have thought about this from the very moment I met you. I am late in marrying you. This feels like the first right things in my life. Let me be a part of your race bubba. Let me help you finish it with me," he said and Cara laughed as he referenced her speech.

"I would love to," she said and brought out her hand. He slipped the engagement ring on her finger and it was so much different than her promise ring. This was much bigger, shinier and it held love. It wasn't the ring she saw on Bethany's finger either so Ace had purchased a new one for her. It was a stunning cushion double halo engagement ring which features with a round brilliant center with a total of 1 Carats in a double cushion halo and split shank.