Chapter 5

"How does it feel being married Cara?" an interviewer, Liam asked. It had been about 5 months since Cara had gotten married to Ace and she was more than happy being his wife. The episode of their wedding did really well and everyone loved their wedding.

"It feels great. Like I always wanted to be a wife and now I am," she said smiling. She was still in London and her career was going smoothly.

"So are you Cara Holland now or is your name changed?" he asked.

"I am Cara Holland Reid. Holland has now become my middle name if that makes sense and Reid is my last name," she said. She decided to keep Holland in her name because she was proud of her dad's last name and wanted to have it.

"What is the favorite thing you got to experience with Ace before and after you got back together?" he asked and she thought.

"It had been technically 2 years since we had dated. Maybe the fact that we kind of had to learn each other all over again because obviously we had grown up and things were very different. So it was interesting to re-get to know this person I thought I knew so well and realizing that that actually never stops. You actually never stop getting to know someone. Even being married, we couldn't get any closer, but I feel like as time goes on, I get to know him more and more. It's really fun and I hope that that never stops," she said smiling. They spoke about other things and started doing some challenges.

"Ok, now it's your turn to share something with the world you haven't," he said and Cara smiled widely.

"I am pregnant," she said and everyone's mouth was left hanging. They weren't expecting this at all.

*Flashback*

"No bubba, I do not want to eat curry tonight. I feel sick just hearing the name," Cara exclaimed as Ace called her to ask her if she wanted anything on his way back home. She was sick all the time. She couldn't eat anything she loved for the past few days and that made her sad.

"Alright I'll get you some salad then. Is it alright?" he asked and Cara thought. Thinking about salad didn't make her sick so she agreed.

"Get some pickles too," she said and they ended the call. Ace knew that Cara didn't like pickles but he still decided to get them for her because she had become very picky when it came to food nowadays.

Cara got up from her chair and went to get some water from the refrigerator. Lately she had been feeling very thirsty despite drinking enough water and she was tired all the time. As she drank some water she looked at her calendar and realized that she was 2 months late. That never happened to her. She was always on time. She hadn't taken birth control pills too so she was a little suspicious.

She drove to the local pharmacy and brought some pregnancy tests in disguise and went back home. She had brought 6 of them to make sure that it was right. She waited anxiously after peeing on the stick for the results.

All of the tests came positive. She cried out of joy. She was going to be a mother. She couldn't believe it. She placed her hand on her belly and tears of joy rolled down her cheek. She had a baby inside her belly now.

She drove to the nearest baby shop and brought a simple baby outfits and a card which said, 'You are going to be a dad,' and went back home just in time to set it all up on the table as Ace entered the house.

"I'm home," he said and Cara was anxious.

"Look what I brought my lovely wife. Some salad, pickles, red roses and some wine," he said and Cara went over to hug him.

"Thanks bubba," she said as she kissed him and he handed her the flowers. She placed it in the vase as he opened the wine bottle.

"I do not want some today love," she said as he poured some for her in her glass and he looked up at her confused. She liked wine and salad but he let it go and poured some for himself.

"Can you go to the kitchen and grab some candy for me love?" she asked and Ace went into the kitchen. Cara closed her eyes and clasped her hands waiting for his reaction. She wasn't disappointed when he screamed and came over to hug her.

"Really? Is it true?" he asked and she nods with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, we are going to be parents," she said and he hugged her.

"How far along are you?" he asked.

"2 months," she said and he hugged her again.

"This makes me so happy bubba. I love you," he said crying against her shoulder and she cried with him.

*End of flashback*

"What?" Liam asked and Cara smiled.

"I am 14 weeks in and I wanted it to be a surprise," Cara said. Ace, Heather and their families knew about it and were happy to know that she was pregnant. Cara and Ace weren't planning on having a child but they were happy knowing that they were going to have one. She had been hiding her bump by wearing patters, oversized clothes and by layering and no one suspected a thing.

"Congratulations!" he said and everyone cheered for her. They were genuinely excited for her.

"My baby is the size of a nectarine right now," she said proudly, holding her bump. She had found out she was pregnant at the very early stage when she missed her periods and she felt sick all the time. She started getting these mood swings so she decided to check it out and it turns out that she was indeed pregnant.

Ethan and Avery were 1 year old and they looked adorable. Cara couldn't wait for them to meet her baby. They were going to be an aunt and uncle to her baby despite only being a year and a half older than it.

Cara finished her interview and went back home. She was extremely tired so she slumped on the couch. She had headaches, which the doctor said was normal while being pregnant but it was hurting.

She lifted up her top and placed her hands on her bloated tummy. She started talking to her unborn child, and she was already in love with it. She sang songs for it and watched some TV Ace was at work. She had a free day so she was enjoying spending time with her unborn child.

She sat down with her laptop to check mails and to see the progress of her makeup line when she saw the news of her making headlines saying that she was expecting a child with her husband.

People started messaging her and started calling her to congratulate her. She started getting bouquets of flowers and other gifts from them. She took it in and opened her refrigerator and took out a tub of ice cream to eat.

She ate it straight from the box and got up to work out. The doctor advised her to work out, not anything heavy or stressful but she recommended Cara to do some Yoga. She again went and lies down on the couch and fell asleep when Ace came over and put a blanket around her.

He sat down to just watch her breath and looked at her belly fall and rise as she did so. He couldn't believe that he was going to be a father soon. This was going to be his first child and he was thrilled. Cara had the pregnancy glow so she looked breathtaking.

He was hoping that their child would get Cara's looks and her intelligence because he admired her and it would be great if their child would turn out like her. He dimmed the lights and sat next to her. He put her legs in top of his things as she sat down to press her legs. She had been wearing heels and he guessed it might have hurt her. At this moment, Ace knew what true love was.