Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Cara was leaving to London tonight so she decided to write a note to Ace and give back all of his belongings which were with her.

"Dear Ace,

It feels like just yesterday I was called to the Dean's office for punching Heather as he introduced me to you. That was when I fell in love with you my Aussie man. I thought I lost you when I got a call from the hospital but god saved you. I didn't lose you then but I have lost you now.

When I left the state to travel across the country to achieve my dreams, I thought we were clear as to where we stood. We were in love and I thought it would stay the same way even after I came back after a year. But I was wrong. You found someone else in the meanwhile. You didn't even have the courtesy to even tell it to me yourself but I had to witness you and her kiss. It broke my heart into millions of little pieces.

To make matters worse I work with the both of you and she has no clue about us. Every time I see you and her, a part of me dies. I do not deserve this and you know it too. Now you are set to marry her. How is that possible? I always imagined you waiting for me with tears in your eyes as I walk down the aisle in my dream wedding gown, holding my dad's hand but now it's her. She will be in my place walking down the aisle for her to-be-husband with her father. Why did this happen to me? I trusted you with all my heart and it turns out no one, not even you can keep it safe.

It's not fair that she gets to spend rest her life with you because she can never possibly love you more than I do. I know that I can be better than her in loving you but since you chose her, she must be better.

Everyone thinks our relationship was just a short term one but you and I both know how pure it was. You were the first man I ever loved and probably the last one. And as I always say, if you have to choose between me and her, choose her because if you loved me, there would be no choice.

I was not expecting this to happen to us. I had plans for our future. I can see myself growing old with you but life gets in the way and my heart shifted. I do not know what happened or when it happened, I just realized one day that it's not the same anymore.

I guess it is hard for me to let you go. I do not even know if I can do it, or will I ever be able to do it. I always tell myself that I am such a lucky person to have found someone who would love me back, and I was not even looking. I always thought that you and I will be together until the very end. It's hard enough that I will not be able to be with you again, and it is harder for me when I know I will not be able to love someone else again the same way I loved you.

I thought I can bear the fact that I can only love you from afar, but now I cannot contain the pain when I wanted to touch you so bad but I can't. No matter how I try to push myself away from you, I still can't delete the memories of you and me together. I still can't picture myself being happy with someone else. I can't date anyone and not see you in them. I can't date anyone and not search for you in them. I thought my love for you left when you walked out that door but I guess it did not leave. I guess I haven't stopped loving you since. Bubba, I always did and I always will love you, even if you don't.

Good luck for your life and your marriage and good bye because I am going far away from you. I am sorry for everything I have done and I hope you and Bethany have a good life together," the note said and she placed her promise ring, Ace's hoodies, their pictures, memories and gifts in a box and sent him some flowers.

She packed last of her things into her suitcase and left to the airport where she met her family, Heather and Jake. He had come to confess something to her.