Chapter 14: Somewhat Of A Mother

Start from the beginning

"No" he says with a sigh.

"No?" I question him with a raised eyebrow.

"You heard me I said-" he begins on saying.

"I know what you said ,but are you serious right now? Your telling me no? I don't think you have the right to tell me no, I mean I wasn't even given the choice to be part of this whole mess and for you to think you have the right to tell me no! Your hilarious!" I reply back harshly.

We were quiet for a brief moment before I continued,"Are you going to unlock the car or what?!"

He unlocks it and we got in quietly. No music or talking were present in the car. Nothing ,but me being soulfully mad at him and him with no expression at all. I was a bit overdramatic about the whole thing ,but it was true I never had the choice and for him to be so rude to me and not let me go home was wrong.

Maybe if he wasn't so undeniably irritating I could possibly get along with him. I turn the way I was sitting and looked out the window. House after house I kept patient waiting for my house to appear ,but it didn't.

"Where are we going?" I ask and got no response back.

"Jason where are we going?!" I ask worriedly ,but still no response.

"Fine don't answer me I can live without hearing your voice" I huff and I saw the corners of his lips turn up.

We were on a dirt road and continued to drive until we came to stop at a pond. It was peaceful with huge trees near it and fish swimming happily in it It possibly could be a small park ,but I had never seen it before.

"Now you told me you never had a choice but you did Sarah so, why did you lie?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I didn't" I say with my arms crossed.

"No you did and you know that" he huffs.

I stay quiet and so did he making it feel intense. I look out the window and continued to look at the large pond till he finally spoke.

"Well if your not ready to tell me I might as well say something" he says softly.

I waited to hear him continue saying whatever it was he was about to say.

"I'm sorry this had to happen to you and that you had to be protected by me okay? I'm sorry" he grumbles.

"Okay" I say and he nods.

He turns the car on and began driving back to my house. The car ride to my house had been less intense than before. Jason had turned the radio on ,but not to country. He had it on pop ,but I changed it before the song Shake it off by Taylor Swift continued to play.

"What not a fan of Taylor Swift?" Jason asks bewildered.

"I've heard that song way too many times" I reply back.

"Hm" he says.

"Yeah" I say.

Once we were at my house I could see Liam waiting for me inside. Probably worried I hadn't returned home earlier.

"Look I know today was a bit intense and I'm sort of glad you told me about how you.. Felt about this whole thing" Jason says quietly next to me.

"And I understand that you hate me hovering over you and checking up on whatever your doing" he sighed "but, it would be wrong to let someone like you die"

I smile and leaned over to give him a kiss on the cheek. I don't know where this sense of confidence was coming from ,but I liked having it. I then pressed my lips to the hard outline of his cheekbone.