Chapter 38: Love is love

Jason's Pov

Once I saw Sarah sleeping soundly I walk over towards her bedroom door to leave. It was weird what I was feeling like if I left I was leaving her forever or something. Maybe, it was because I actually confessed to her that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. It's just ironic really, how a person like me who didn't even know what love meant and didn't believe in it actually fell fiercely in love with someone like Sarah.

I still don't think I deserve her. She's just so extrodinary. Everything comes so easily to her. I'm not jealous of her; I'm fascinated. Her green eyes and wild dark hair; her soft pink kissable lips and her herself made me love her. Love her day after day.

Max and Johnny held a strong place on my hate list. I knew they both still liked her. Johnny seemed to show the whole world how he felt about her and Max seemed to keep it quiet which made him more dangerous. I had no idea what Max was planning.

I was afraid of losing her and who wouldn't be? She was Sarah Banks the perfect type of girl. She was an annoying over achiever who had to be the best at everything. She made you feel stupid ,but she also made you feel special. I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity and her flaming self respect. And it's these things i'd believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be.

I love her and thats the beginning of everything.

"Jason?" A voice questions from behind me.

I turned around. "Why are you here?" I ask Johnny viciously.

"I was- well I had came here to say sorry to her and I-"

"Well, if you already said sorry to her then you can see she doesn't accept" I say sending him death daggers.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair then, closes his eyes only to open them again and look at me.

"I give up; you win Brooks" Johnny says with a sad smile.

I look at him confused. Win?

"What?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow.

"You win. You win her and you win her being in love you. I can't compete with that anymore. But, once you break her heart and break her into two I will be here for her when your not. I will be here for her while your off by yourself. I'll be here for her because I love her"

I grab him from the collar of his shirt. "What did you just say! Take it back now!" I yell at him.

"No" He says simply.

He just wants me to punch him so, Sarah will be mad at me. Well, that's not going to happen. I let go of his shirt and take a step away from him.

"You can go ahead and love her all you want. You can try to be here for her all you want but she loves me ,and I love her. Just remember that" I say walking past him.

Once I'm down stairs and far away from Johnny I look into the living room only to see Liam on the couch. He looked lifeless. He was pale white with bloodshot red eyes and he looked like he was in pain. I didn't know why that made me happy. It shouldn't though. He was a human being and maybe what he did was wrong but he was still Sarah's brother.