She shived again as a small, beaten, "yes," escaped the icicle ridden cave of her mouth. The constant tiny vibrations caused the man to frown, and the uncertainty and posible anguish in her voice did not aid in quelling the uncomfortable ball of need growing in his chest. He looked quickly away from her, though all his other senses were focused on, trained on, no other thing then her in order to ensure the continued presence. His hands quickly rummaged in search of a treasure, or for a cure to a deadly poison that was taking a life from him. Well not truly, it just appeared he was searching for something of such importance due to his haste and the feelings rolling off his shoulders. Soon he found the cat in the bag and quickly snaped it up and out of the slack material, his hands rising to her head as she flinched slightly. His eyes tilted into a slight sadness at her reaction but his arms only slowed into gentler, softer, movements as he lay the beanie upon her head. The beanie with which she had gifted him all those weeks earlier. It had not once left his side since he recieved it, well when he could insure that where the case at least. It was a treasure to him. One that reminded him of her and delivered him a precious certainty; she was his mate; she cared for him. Now and for forever.

When he set down the material and glanced upon her, his smile beamed so wide that no mask could contain it's perfection. She looked so beautiful with that knitted cat upon her head. That beanie he had worn so many times, for so many hours, now took it's place upon her temple, crowning her as his queen, encasing her further in his scent, his tones already spiraling in an elegant ballet around her from their impromtu hug.

When she noticed his intent her shoulders had fallen in a relaxed expression of relief, her mind coiling in delight at the thoughtfull actions of this kind stranger. And her heart melted into a warm puddle of goo as the beanie snuggled warmth around her and burned small fires across her skin. It was a unwarranted kindness from a man whom she had just met and who acted in such a gentlemanly mannor even though all she had done for him was slam into his body like a rabbid dog chasing after a rabit it would never catch. And then she remembered what she had done and out of her mouth tumbled her expressive apologies and regrets, "oh my cheeses! I am so, so sorry. Thank you for the warmth, thank you for not just letting me fall when I slamed into you. You had every right to let me meet my doom at the hands of the earth in penatince of my mistaken wrongdoings." She heaved a bit as she finished, her rambling taking a lot from her and obviously expressing her embarrassment with the further aid of a deep pink flustering her cheeks.

The man could only chuckle slighty as an unseen expression of gummy delight lay covered by his mask. Her rambled panic was cute but unwarrented as she could never be a hastle to him. And he knew that she never would be. He was unhappy that she thought she could be, but knew that it was not her fault, she didn't know who he was and it was not yet time to explain. Instead he just provided light consolation, "it is okay. It was not your fault," as his eyes locked on hers and he resisted the growing temptation to place her back in his arms where she belonged. The feeling was growing and he feared that soon it would be so potaint that he would cripple into death without her healing touch.

At his words she let a releaved uncertainty paint her face in the light of the orange lamp. It replaced her panic but did not completely overrule it as she found the man even more compassionate then before, his words too kind and forgiving of her. She smiled though, a happiness to match the flame of her heart, and it spread like wildfire to burn within his soul.

"Hi," he said. And before she responded he continued with a question, "where are you headed in such a rush? Are you afraid of the dark?" As he thought this he not only pondered a solution but also the possible reasons for her fear; had something happened to her in the clutches of the night? Had some grimy creature laid it's bony, monstrous and now doomed hands upon his precious mate? And as he thought as such his mouth drew into a hidden snarl, his eyes growing into a crisp purple. A colour so vibrant that it was impossible for the girl who stared attently up at him to miss. He sucked in a breath and worried that he had scared her. But she stood mesmerized by their beautiful elegance and no understanding of their implications were able to find a place in the open sea of her mind. Her drifting thoughts were only set on path as the wind, the sharp shake of his head as he attempted to gain control, guided the sails to shore. "Um, can I walk you home?" His voice was soiled with uncertainty as he asked her. He really needed to walk her home, needed to insure she was well, but could not express this lest he scare the frightenable doe away with his protective fangs.