Chapter 35 - Neil

Somehow, he was in a cell again

Somehow, he was in a cell again. They'd shackled and tossed him back in, but they'd at least dragged Titan out to another detention area. That was fair, he supposed. They needed to confirm what was going on, but it was lonely by himself. Damien was off conferring with people, and no one had bothered to ask him anything. They probably thought Vice was still going to off people, but they'd figure out he wasn't soon enough, he supposed.

Vice would never hurt the mages here, not when he knew Neil's position.

He relaxed against the wall and his eyes drooped as the sun started to creep it. Morning was going to drive him into unconsciousness, and he didn't know what to do. Vice would protect him at all costs, but he didn't want this to get ugly because he couldn't explain himself. Something pleasant grazed his face, and he groaned as he felt the gentle touch of Silvia's light magic.

Was he so tired he was hallucinating?

"Neil," Silvia's voice teased his ears, and he sank further into the clouds, absorbing it.

Until someone patted the side of his face so hard that it snapped him up. Jumping back into the bars, he opened his eyes to Silvia leaning through the anti-magic walls that lined the inside of his cell. A smile curled her lips, and she pulled herself through to plop right between him and the wall.

"What are you doing here?" Neil asked, his fangs lengthening as his desire for her and the blood in her veins washed over him. After Thel and Damien, he needed blood, but it was all pushed back by the way he'd hurt her.

"I heard they got Titan on backing Angelus, so I figured our mission is over, right?" Silvia asked with an excited energy in her voice that fueled his ability to stay awake. "I don't have to act anymore?" Silvia begged, and Neil dropped his eyes away from her to the ground.

Neil didn't know what that meant if he said yes. If she no longer had to be his blood slave, would she run for the hills now that she was released of him? Certainly, she must want some space from the monster that had broken and tortured her. Maybe someone else was better, someone like Damien said, who could sleep with her and ease the pain of what he'd done away.

"No, Silvia. You don't have to pretend anymore," Neil said the words, his shoulders trembling.

Silvia gripped them so firmly that he jumped his gaze up to her, but he only met her eyes briefly before she pulled his face to hers and kissed him. Everything melted under him, the floor, the thoughts that had been tearing him apart, and his control of himself. Instantly, he parted them and pushed her back. It was a controlled enough push that he was able to hold her an arm's width away, but he had to let her go to cover his fangs that had stretched out and hungered for her.

"Silvia, you can't do that!" Neil whined, and she frowned, crossing her arms. "Really." Neil smiled, unable to contain his love of her defiance when it came to touching him. "I haven't had any blood since before I fought Thel, and that was honestly not enough after–" Neil snapped his mouth shut. Mentioning changing Emil with the cameras fixed was a poor idea. Silvia kissing him with the cameras functioning had been a bad idea.