Chapter 6

Kageyama POV

I put in a couple coins into the vending machine. As I do, my mind wanders as to what happened these last couple weeks. Ever since the incident, Hinata seems to have gotten worse. He's closed himself off with everyone. Barely speaking, barely eating. I watch from the sidelines as the happy, energetic, beautiful person he was turn into this scared, sad, emotionless stranger. He arrives to practice and simply watches. The coaches advised that it would be best for him to let himself try to reaquaint himself with the team. To not forcefully fix broken glass.

- 2 weeks ago -

I set Hinata on the bed softly. Once I pulled the covers over him I watched him sleep for a little while. He seemed so peaceful, his body seeming to forget everything that's happened. I brush some locks of hair out of his face. I note how pale his skin has gotten, the dark circles, how his brow is knitted into a frown. I could only imagine what he went through. To hurt such a beautiful creature, would have to be a monster. I hear the door open.

"Ah, sorry. I thought you left.," a small voice said. I looked to the doorway to see a little girl. I stood up. I crouched down to her ieight to see her better. Orange hair, just like her brother and big brown eyes. So full of life and wonder.

"I'm Hinata Natsu. Shoyo's little sister.," she said joyfully, sticking her little hand out. I shook it. Her little hand seemed so small compared to mine.

"Kageyama Tobio. Nice to meet you Natsu.," I reply. Her expression changes to recognition.

"You're Bokeyama? My brother talked a lot about you.," she said. I cringe at the name.

"He has?" I ask. She nids her head furiously.

"He always talks about the boy who always gives him the best tosses. How cool he is and how he's gonna beat him no matter what.," she says excitedly. I smile at the thought. He talks about me to his family.

"Is Nii-chan alright? He hasn't been doing good for awhile.," she asks.

"I'm not sure, I was hoping I could ask you that.," I reply.

"Nii-chan has been having night terrors. He been screaming and mummy has been running in here to wake him up. He doesn't go back to sleep after that.," she tells me.

"I try to help him too by sleeping beside him. I hold his hand and sleep with him.," she continues. I watch as her face changes from joy to sorrow.

"But each morning when I wake up. He's sitting on the floor, watching me sleep and still holding my hand. He always says, 'Thanks Natsu, you kept the monsters away' and kisses my forehead. But I know that he's just saying that. He doesn't want to scare me.," she adds. I nod in appreciation.

"Don't worry, once I find out what's going on, our Shoyo will be back.," I tell her, patting her head. She smiles happily knowing that her big brother will be better soon. I leave the Hinata residence with a heavy head.

- Present Time -

I ponder over if I want grape juice or yogurt. As I think a girl approaches me. I turn my head to face her. She seems familiar. I probably have a class with her. I watch as she fidgets with her fingers and the hem of her skirt.

"Yes?" I ask. It seems to break her out of her daze.

"I LIKE YOU, KAGEYAMA. PLEASE GO OUT WITH ME.," she exclaims as she bows her head. My eyes widen in shock. Mostly because of the unexpected outburst. Being confessed to happens a lot. I scratch the back of my head. I really hate it when I have to turn them down, though before I get a word in edgewise she adds on.

"I know this is very sudden so you don't have to answer immediately. But please give me an answer soon.," and with that she was gone. I sigh. I already know what I'm gonna say, though I'll probably get scolded by Tanaka-senpai or Noya-san.

"Tsk.," I clicked my tongue. As i mulled over the choices the bell rings. I push the orange soda button. As the drink slides out I pop it into my bag. He'll need more than I do. I thought.