"Then, pray tell, why is he all the way over there?" He asked haughtily and I turned my gaze to the outskirts of the crowd to see three masked males stood together on the side, deep in conversation. It wasn't too hard to distinguish between the three.

They all had donned a similar outfit to Emut, perhaps out of tradition. The first I noticed was Abrax, that much I could tell from the difference in the complexion of his skin which was significantly darker. He wore a white tank top, outlining the broad plains of his chest, a gold usekh collar and gold cuff on his arm. His gold mask concealed his eyes and on his cheek, there were markings made in ink with drawings of ancient patterns.

Demir was stood beside him, wearing a navy blue tank top that complimented his wide shoulders with a usekh collar and gold mask. He, too, had markings on his cheeks that I couldn't decipher. His black hair lay tousled, resting at the top of the mask.

Lastly, was Arun who was talking animatedly and was the only one with distinctive golden locks that nearly touched his shoulders. He was significantly shorter than the other two males and wore the same outfit, but instead in yellow as well as a flower crown made of blossom petals.

"You recognise them?" Emut questioned and I nodded wordlessly as I gazed in their direction, listening to Arun as he spoke. It was as though Demir felt my gaze and his silver eyes looked right to meet mine, a blank look on his face. He stared for a second then, his eyes giving me a once over before he turned back and continued with his conversation, a stoic look on his face as he spoke to Abrax.

No doubt uttering another insult

"The first day you wanted to leave." Emut's voice rang out and I snapped my head back, processing what he said. I didn't know what to say to his words, so I merely stayed silent, looking up at him and waiting for him to continue.

He looked over at all the villagers as he spoke, a serious tone to his voice.

"Is that still the case?" He voiced out his thoughts and I knew he was worried about the plight of Aaru, just as Maya had been.

I shook my head at his words, looking down as I spoke.

"I don't know what I want anymore." I said honestly and I felt a weight lift at the admission.

I heard Emut let out a small sigh and I looked up to see a serious look on his face.

"The other day you said you didn't want to be the prophecy." He simply stated, waiting for me to explain what I meant.

"I-"

A deafening explosion followed by screams burst through right next to us and Emut pushed us to the ground, his arm shielding me as he looked around, now in full-fighting mode.

"Grab the weapons." He called out, standing up and I shuffled off the ground, looking around as Abrax hauled a large straw bag of weapons, dropping it down in the centre, a grunt leaving his mouth as he looked around angrily.

Maya chose then to make an appearance, a scowl on her face.

"Finally." She spat out aggressively, tearing the bottom of her dress until it rested mid-thigh. She reached into the bag and pulled out her daggers. Demir came then, holding his glaive and looked to Emut with a nod.

Ayla nudged me with her arm, a scared look in her eyes and her bow and arrow in her hands. I looked from her to the villagers running in panic as random explosions went off and then the Chigaru came charging in, bigger and brawnier than the last we had encountered.

Emut spoke then, his voice rushed but steady.

"You know what to do." He said, his eyes gazing into every single person stood around him.