Overused Plotlines (And Lack Thereof)

#6: zodiac books all tend to follow the same storyline.

The two most common zodiac book storylines (if you can even call them that) I have found on Wattpad are zodiac high school/academy, and zodiac mansion.

To be fair, I wouldn't mind if these storylines were so overused, as long as the books are well written. Honestly with zodiac high school/academy I could take it or leave it, but a well-written zodiac mansion book can be a really good feel-good story.

The point I'm trying to get across is, you can have a book with one of these generic storylines, but you have to do the following:

1. Make it unique and original (somehow)
2. Have realistic and well-written characters
3. Give each character equal attention (I know this is difficult)
4. Be descriptive and use imagery (your readers will thank you)
5. The plot must have a clear goal

The last point is what most of these stories are lacking. Wattpad writers often think that if they cram all of the signs into a certain setting, then they can just do whatever. They think that their entire story can be based around the signs simply making friends and falling in love. That's not a good plot though.

Some authors have managed to incorporate good plot lines in their books. The most common ones are:

1. The zodiac are sent to earth to fix the world or something
2. The zodiacs have to figure out how to use their powers for good
3. The zodiacs go to an academy to find their purposes in life
4. The zodiacs have to figure out why the heck they are in a mansion together
5. The zodiacs have to figure out how to get out of a mansion together.

You see, I don't mind that these plot lines are so common. Just use good, descriptive writing, and you can make any story work.

5/6/20