12. Equals

Sparks threw across the stadium as Fairy Tail's Laxus took down Sabertooth's Olga. 

"And the better Lightning mage proves that a Dragon Slayer is more powerful than a God Slayer!" said the commentator. Totomaru spat on the floor at hearing him say that, and Gajeel smirked in pride. Juvia frowned at Totomaru, who gave her an embarrassed smile. 

"Sorry," he said. "It just makes me mad," he tried to explain, but Juvia just shook her head. 

"I know," she said. Totomaru smiled, and tried to shift nearer to her and start a conversation, but she had already moved away to lift Lily and watch the next match. He just sighed. 

"And now we move on to the next match, which sees Lamia Scale's Shelia versus Blue Pegasus's Eve!"

They thought for a while. Although he kept up a good fight, he was no match for the young God Slayer.

"And the lovely Shelia wins!"

"Hey, Aria, this chick uses air magic too."

Aria just frowned. "It's very different to mine," is all he said. He was sat on the chairs in the back, then he got up and left, making his way down to the stadium. 

"And next we have Mermaid Heel's Kagura putting her impressive skill against Phantom Lord's Aria, who we saw compete for the first time this morning!"

Kagura walked on with a severe look on her face, ignoring the audience's applause. 

Aria was stood in front of her, silent.

"I can't sense his magic power," Erza, who was watching them closely, said from her balcony. "It's like he can hide it." 

"You made quite an impression on the crowd this morning," said Kagura, clutching onto her katana, ready to fight. "I hope you know I won't be going easy on you," she started, then ran towards him, ready to swing her sword and attack. But Aria disappeared as she swung down. 

Kagura was looking around frantically, her sword out. "Come out, you coward! Why can't I sense your magic power?"

Then, Erza gasped. "Kagura!" 

Aria reappeared behind her. He reached his hand out and formed purple circles which pushed Kagura back. She used her gravity changing magic to stop herself, then ran towards him. 

"Archenemy," she started, but then Aria disappeared again. 

"You're fast," said Aria, who emerged on the other side of the stadium floor, then sent more air waves her way. She managed to dodge them, then started running towards him. 

"Let's see what makes you worthy of your Ten Wizard Saint title!" she said, then started slashing her sword through the airspace magic circles. 

Aria smirked, then pointed at her, and a huge magic circle appeared underneath Kagura's feet, and formed an intense airspace bubble which trapped her inside of it. Juvia smiled to herself in the stands, knowing full well that Aria had learnt that trick after watching her practice her Water Lock spell. 

Kagura was trapped inside the air bubble, and couldn't reach her sword, which was in another air bubble that Aria had created. 

"I can completely rid this bubble of oxygen and kill you in seconds, but I won't do that. No, a girl like you deserves something a little bit more special," Aria said, then made the bubble move across the stadium and Kagura hit the wall hard. She was unresponsive for a second, before she got up and ran back over angrily. She tried to hit him with a gravity change attack, but Aria just laughed as he swiped the spell away like it was nothing.