6. Revelations

The games were over for the day and the audience were leaving quickly. Fairy Tail's Levy McGarden was running down the corridor from her guilds balcony towards the Mermaid Heel guild balcony, with a notebook under arm.

Miliana and Kagura were waiting for her by the entrance to their balcony, waving. 

"Hi guys," Levy smiled. "Thanks for your time."

"Anytime!" Miliana grinned, and the three girls sat down on an empty bench so Levy could ask them a couple of questions about the games. 

"So, how does it feel to see all of the guilds back competing again?" She started. 

"It's great," Kagura started. "Especially after the fight against Tartarous. It's almost extra special, like a celebration of everybody's strength. With an added... special..."

"For sure. I agree completely," Levy started writing things down in her notebook. "It really is nice to see all of the guilds back together again. So, what are your thoughts on Phantom Lord?"

Kagura frowned. "I mean, they're a legal guild. I almost joined that guild myself ages ago, before I joined Mermaid Heel that is. I've bumped in to the blue haired girl and the dragon slayer on jobs in the past. They're one hell of a duo."

"They're strong, aren't they?"

"Yeah, they are," Kagura frowned. "The seven years that Fairy Tail were gone, they became a much bigger and more prominent guild. They were just as strong as Sabertooth, if not stronger. Nobody really knows the full extent of their powers, but seeing as their master and that teammate are members of the Ten Wizard Saints, and there's a dragon slayer as well, they must be very strong."

 "We were all told to stay away from them back then because they were so dangerous and powerful, hence why everyone thought they were a dark guild," Miliana added. "When Fairy Tail came back they basically disappeared."

"Interesting. Why do you think they're competing this year then?"

"They must have heard about the fight with Tartarous and wanted a piece of the action!" Miliana answered. Kagura just raised an eyebrow. 

"Hmm, let's hope its just that," she muttered. "It's just strange that they've never competed in the games." 

"Definitely. It'll certainly be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. Thank you guys! I won't keep you any longer."

They smiled and said goodbye. Levy watched them leave, then she noticed she was alone in the corridor. The next balcony further down the corridor belonged to Phantom Lord. She only walked down towards it because there was an exit that lead to the street where Fairy Tail were staying. 

There was even a dark and ominous feel to their balcony entrance. She shivered as she rushed past. 

She stopped by the exit when she heard something. It was the sound of chewing. She looked around the wall and gasped when she saw Gajeel sitting against the wall and eating iron. 

"Can I help you?" came a voice from behind her, which made her jump as she turned around and saw the black cat who she had seen standing on the Phantom balcony. 

"Sorry, I was just passing through... " She looked up at Gajeel, who was staring at her, and blushed. "Sorry."

Gajeel just smirked and carried on eating a pile of scrap iron. 

Lily was looking at her. "You better go. Gajeel doesn't like to be disturbed while eating."

"Oh, okay, sorry," she said, then carried on. While she walked down the path, she turned and walked in front of Gajeel. The two caught eyes, and Levy looked away quickly, rushing off.