hyacinth

"You always smile like you're about to cry."

High School AU

---

Laughing

He always seemed to be laughing. At first it was annoying, something he avoided through the day. But soon he grew to accept the elated male. He grew to look forward to it and reach out for it. He was captivated by the endless amusement felt but the other male, and soon he joined him. He remembered so much of their time laughing together.

But that only made the pain even more intolerable. 

He looked over at the empty seat. A small clear vase with a couple lilac hyacinth bundles sat in the water. It was a sad day with sad news. He looked over to the seat and began crying. Class was already over but he couldn't bring himself to leave, everyone else had already shuffled out, murmuring and spreading rumors already. 

And then a memory came to him. One filled with the laughter that he missed so much. 

-

"Chuuya~!" The brunette called. He shifted in his seat facing the ginger who was trying to peacefully eat his lunch. 

"What is it mackerel? " A small nickname Chuuya had given him when they met. 

"Oh don't be so cold. I need to show you something!" Dazai pulled out his phone, shoving it into Chuuya's face. "You see this? This is the Dead sea, it's one of the saltiest things on earth,second only to you." 

"Fuck off, and why are you showing me a picture of this?" Chuuya asked shoving more food in his mouth. 

"A friend of a friend went there recently, and that friend sent me this picture here." Dazai looked back at the picture and had a soft smile, one that seemed almost forced but real at the same time. "Hey Chuuya, do you think we could go there when you become a big pop star?" Dazai asked looking up at Chuuya with that same sad looking smile. 

It was true when they graduated school, Chuuya wanted to begin a musical career, and Dazai, who didn't have a idea of what to do with his life, would accompany him in traveling all over the world. 

Chuuya smiled."Sounds like a plan." He said fist bumping the brunette. 

The ginger had that same forced smile Dazai wore right now, the bittersweet feeling washing through him.  He wanted to be happy, The damn bandage freak finally got what he wanted.

A clean and blissful suicide.

Leaving Chuuya with only pain and memories.

-

They sat under a tree , choosing to study in the nice weather. Many students where out, enjoying the calm weather.

"Say Slug, Mushrooms are just the children of the trees and  bamboo shoots are children of the bamboo." Dazai said as he laid in the shade spacing out. 

"Lay off the drugs, idiot." He said looking at his history papers. 

"I don't take drugs, I only take naps." He said pouting at the gingers accusation.