Jacob

My normally peaceful walk home is not what I call tranquil.  Ten soldiers march alongside me making grunting  noises. Plus the ramblings of Mark and Sarah is driving me slowly insane. They  are practically lovebirds and Sarah just had to demonstrate her magic.  With a lift of her hand water flows out of her canteen and forms a ball. Mark claps at her performance and Sarah smiles in appreciation..

Looking at them you would not think they just met only moments ago. I scowl in annoyance that my plan of keeping the two apart is ruined. 

"That death stare is not helping anything "Rachel mumbles beside me. Turning to her I try to hide my tense expression but fail. 

"Sarah is practically begging to be taken away. Why are you not worried?" 

"If its love why should I interfere "Rachel says looking envious at Mark and Sarah. "I wish Cody was like that sometimes instead of just the physical stuff."

 "Maybe you should tell him that instead of me." I declare not interested in Rachel's problems with Cody. 

"I like the feeling of him being close to me and his warmth. And when he touches me my mind goes to mush." Rachel babbles going into too much details for my innocent ears.

"No, no, no." I refuse to hear anymore sordid details. Frowning at me Rachel reaches for my hands struggling to move them.

"Andy, listen to me!!!"

" No I will not let my innocent ears be corrupted." I scream which ends with Rachel and myself on the ground trying to pin each other. Rachel had the advantage of longer limbs, but I'm stronger easily pushing the taller girl off me.

Cold water appears before us splashing our faces. We both glare at the reason why standing before us.

"Girls, we are not children anymore"  Sarah lectures spraying more water on us. "Cool down and act like adults." At that moment our sweet Sarah turns into our mothers before our eyes. I laugh thinking of the comparison as Rachel takes revenge.

Taking a handful of wet earth she flings it at Sarah's face hitting the brown haired girl. A big hunk of mud slid off Sarah's angry face and the fight is on with water and mud flying in the air.  Not wanting to be left out I prepare my own mud balls when a loud whistling sound cut off our fun.

 Standing in the middle of our fight is Mark and Jacob with very amused expressions. "As much as I am enjoying mud and water being thrown everywhere. I think we should get going ladies" Mark speaking up handing a cloth to Sarah to wipe her face.

"Sorry Mark this is just how we settle our problems." Sarah giggles wiping the mud from her face.

"We've been doing this since we were children and I'm still undefeated."  Rachel announces raising her hands like a champion boxer.

"Lies" Sarah and I argue together!!

"Fine ladies, we will have a rematch later" Rachel promises. "Get ready to lose." 

"Okay, same wagers" Sarah proposes her face bright with excitement.

"Losers do the winner's chores for a day." Rachel laid out and with both of us nodding she grabs our wrists. "Okay the wager is agreed, and the promise of friends declared". Saying the chant together twice then spinning around, all three of us spit on the ground to seal the arrangement.

"You girls are weird"  Jacob says watching us like  we're a new species of animal. Blushing Sarah hid her face in her hands, but Rachel stands proudly.

"We are not weird, but unique," she states making everyone laugh. "Now let's get back to business and get these royals to Mr. Miller's house." With that Rachel went to the front of our line and begins leading the way.