Sorry Not Sorry

There was no answer. I stood there, not wanting to say or do anything. I stood there wanting to run up to him and kiss the hell out of him. I just stood there. My chocolate brown hair up in a messy bun, pieces falling in to my golden brown eyes. I didn't bother to move them. His green eyes moved from his hands up to mine. His black hat pulled down so I could barely see them. 

I swallowed hard, "Brantley."

He adjusted his hat so that it was a little lower, covering even more of those gorgeous eyes that get me every time. 

I went to speak up again, but was cut off. "Do not say sorry. I don't need to hear it. That's all I have heard lately." His gruff voice sent chills down my spine like old times. It put a pit in my stomach and made my chest feel heavy. I did not want him to be mad at me, and that is exactly what it was shaping up to be. 

"I don't know what to say otherwise." I confessed, sounding a little desperate.

"Why did you come last night? Why did you yell all of that bullshit at me?" He asked, staring at me from his seat. 

"I have no idea. I thought it would be okay to come celebrate you two. I had no idea my feelings would take over. Honestly, Brantley. Please. You know I don't like to let my feelings all out. Throw me a bone or something here. I did not mean for any of this to happen. I did not mean to break you guys up if that is what is going on here. And if it is, Then why are you here? Why are you here talking to me? Making me feel even worse than I already do. Did you need to come see if I would apologize? Because a simple text message would have sufficed." I let it all out, like word vomit. 

He let out a small chuckle, as if what I was saying to him was actually funny. It made me even more angry. 

"Why are you laughing? This is not a joke." I was annoyed. 

"I'm laughing because you clearly are the one thinking this is a joke, Nora. A text message? Really, are we twelve years old? Grow up. Own your feelings. Let it go. Let it all go." Brantley growled, looking back down at his silver rings, fiddling with them to take his attention away from me.

"You want me to let it all go? Seriously? Fine...." Well, here goes nothing I thought as I walked closer to him. I stood about a foot away. He looked up at me, stone faced.

"I yelled at you last night because this is all bullshit. Every part of it. You taking Jana to the awards show after I walked away that night? Bullshit. Texting me and coming to Chase's house with Lauren? Bullshit. All of it. I want you, Brantley. I want you so damn bad and you didn't even fight for me when I was scared. You moved on. You moved on quicker than I have seen anyone move on. And you're the one who told me not to think too much in to things. Some advice you give, considering you don't follow any of it. Jana was a bitch. She was using you. She was easy because all she wanted was to show you off. To say she was being screwed by the hottest guy in the country business right now. And you didn't even care. Bullshit. You wouldn't have kept texting me if you felt differently. You wouldn't have cared that someone else was tucking me in at night. You wouldn't have shown up at their house. So what is really going on, Brantley? Tell me, because I am just as lost as you say you are." I had hot tears streaming down my cheeks once again, my arms out to emphasize my frustration. 

"What's really going on? What's really going on?" He stood up, towering over me. I have never seen him this angry. It was scaring me, but I didn't back down. I may only be five foot, but I was going to stand my ground. 

He took off his baseball cap and threw it across the room with force, his voice rising. "I fucking love you, Nora. I want to be the one staying here with you. I want to be the one grabbing coffee with you. I want to be the name you scream at night because it feels so good. I fucking want you, Nora. That's what is going on here. But you are so wrapped up in your own little world. I don't know what to do." He was yelling at this point, waving his hands in the air. 

Woah. What in the world. That was not even close to what I was expecting. I wiped the tears from my eyes profusely with the back of both hands. How do I begin to respond to that.

A/N: Hey guys! It's been a hot minute since I have continued writing this. A lot has happened in that time! I got a teaching job, got married, moved in to a new house. Now that I am settled in while everything is going on in this scary world right now (hope you are all safe and healthy!) I thought I would finish this up....yes, Brantley and Nora will have their ending in the next chapter :( But I have inspiration for another Brantley story after this one....so stay tuned! Comment, like, share all the love because I appreciate it and I appreciate you!