You're Like Really Pretty

I sat quietly in his truck as we rounded the turns of the back road towards his house. The music was playing at a nice low volume and Chase was humming along. He glanced over at me as we came to a stop sign.

"Everything okay?" He asked, waiting for my reply before he proceeded to turn right.

"Yeah." I smiled weakly over at him. I had the balls to say yes to going with him back to his place, but now I was having second thoughts. I fiddled with the collar of my jean jacket for a few moments. Chase reached over and grabbed my left hand, holding it lightly in his lap. This sweet gesture calmed me a bit. I knew we weren't going to do anything. I trusted him. I was still nervous though. I am one hundred percent certain that Brantley was going to find out. I don't know why I was so worried about that either. I ended it with him. He and Jana were together. I needed to stop worrying about everyone else and worry about myself and my well-being.

We pulled in to his driveway about five minutes later. He parked the truck and turned off the engine. Chase looked at me and smirked. "Come on, pretty lady. Let's go relax and hang out. I think some ice cream and a movie are calling our names."

"Agreed." I nodded. I hopped out of his truck and met him on the driver's side. He grabbed my hand once again and led me up the steps to the front porch. I looked around in the moonlight while he was searching his pockets for his keys. It was a generous sized house with a sprawling front porch. There was enough yard for BBQs and games. The neighbors didn't look to be too close. There was a light brown wooden fence that started on the side leading around back.

He found his keys and led me in to the foyer, turning on the lights. There was a bench to the right and a small table to the left. Chase threw his keys in a bowl on the table and gestured for me to sit down and take my shoes off.

"This is a very nice place." I replied, taking a seat.

"Thank you." He grinned a large, heart-melting grin.

"I mean, like almost too nice to be owned by a guy."

"Gee, thanks." Chase laughed, shaking his head at me. "Come on, silly. Let me give you the tour before we settle in."

I stood up and followed behind like a lost puppy. He showed me the living room, den, kitchen, both bathrooms, guest rooms, finished basement, and his room.

"Your bed looks like heaven with all of those pillows on it." I said, pointing towards a king sized bed covered in pillows and a big down comforter.

"It is." He chuckled, "Go try it out."

I looked up at him and back at his bed. I ran across the wooden floor and jumped right across the bed sideways. I looked back and he just stood there in the doorway shaking his head at me.

"You were right. This is so comfortable." I snuggled in to a pillow that smelled of his cologne. Chase kept his eyes on me as he slowly made his way over to the side of the bed. His eyes locked with mine. I was ready for him to jump on to the bed too, but he just sat down on the edge.

"You are very beautiful, Nora. You know that?" His voice soft. My heart started pounding slightly faster. I swallowed and nodded. Chase stood back up and started for the door. I sat up and took off my Yankees baseball cap, laying it on his nightstand. I took off my jean jacket and set it at the end of his bed. I walked behind him getting ready to follow him down the stairs. All of a sudden Chase turned around and grabbed my arm, pulling me closer into him. His tall frame bent down until his face was mere inches away from mine. The tension palpable. He searched my honey eyes one more second before capturing my slightly chapped pink lips with his softer ones. It was slow at first and then he went deeper like he couldn't get me any closer to him. After a few minutes I pulled away.

"Sorry." He stated, looking down at me.

I shook my head. He waited to see if I would say anything, but I didn't. I couldn't. I was so taken aback from the moment that I almost didn't realize he was going in for another kiss. This time Chase picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He walked me over to the bed and laid me down gently, covering me with his body shortly after. We continued to make-out for a few more minutes before I felt one of his hands make its way to the bottom hem of my white tee. Chase didn't move it. I finally nodded and he understood that was a green light for him to continue on. His large hand was roaming around under my shirt, rubbing up and down my stomach occasionally playing with my belly button ring. As he was about to reach my chest my phone started to go off in my back pocket. Chase stopped and I looked up at him as if to say sorry.

"You can get that." He smiled, taking a breather.

I reached in to my back pocket and pulled out my iPhone.

Really? One of my friends, Nora? And you went home with him.....