Foolishness

I stood there in the kitchen going through the motions of making something to eat, not really paying any attention to what I was doing. Lauren was sitting quietly on the couch in the living room. This was out of character for her, but she didn't have much to say to me after the other night. I grabbed both bowls of ice cream and walked slowly over to her, handing her the bigger bowl. I was successfully walking on my own without any crutches and very little to no pain at all. That was the only thing going for me right now.

"Thanks." She stated flatly, not taking her eyes away from the show we were watching.

I sat down quietly, playing around with my spoon and looking at my ice cream until I decided to speak up.

"Lauren, please, for God's sake say something other than one wording me. I know I messed up, but you are supposed to be my best friend and have my back no matter what. Especially since I always have yours." I was angry, dammit. I know life isn't always fair, but this was just brutal.

Lauren sighed and looked over at me with those all knowing blue eyes, "I am sorry, Nora. I just do not agree with what you did to Brantley. And...." She trailed off though when the announcer on the show we had on named the male vocal artist of the year nominees. His name rang out through the empty living room as the camera panned in his direction. I sat there stiff. There next to Brantley in that black hat and silver rings, sat a girl.... a beautiful girl who looked slightly familiar. I was about to ask Lauren if she knew who it was when she answered for me.

"He brought that bimbo from the other night in your spot....."

I didn't look at her. I got up and walked back to the kitchen, throwing my bowl in the sink. I headed upstairs as fast as my body would allow. Fuck. That's all I could think. Fuck him. Fuck her. Fuck this all. When I approached my room, I grabbed my leather jacket off the back of my desk chair and went back down stairs. Lauren already knew what I was doing and followed suit.

We did not speak two words on the way over to the house. I don't even think I would've been able to form a sentence at that point. Fifteen minutes later, I was parked in my usual spot and halfway out of my Tahoe when someone standing on the deck above caught my eye. I stopped and stared.

"I see you were watching."

"What your brother did is bullshit!"

"I am fairly certain you are the one that left him there, baby girl." Kolby pointed to me, chuckling to himself.

"But her..... that, that....."

"Jana." He replied. "Bimbo, as you like to call her."

Kolby was down the stairs on the pavement now, one arm around Lauren. I sighed in frustration, running my hands through my chocolate brown hair. What was more annoying was that Kolby was right. I did leave Brantley. Hot, sexy, good in bed Brantley Gilbert. I just stood there for a few moments before starting to cry. No warning, just full out sobbing in to my hands. I felt defeated. Lauren looked at Kolby quick then took a few steps over to me. She engulfed me in her arms. No words needed.

Kolby ran his rough hand along the back of his neck, feeling slightly awkward.

"Well, I'm just gonna ummm go up in the house. Come in when ya'll are ready."

Lauren blew him a kiss as she rubbed my back to calm me down. About two minutes later I pulled away, rubbing my eyes with the backs of my hands.

"I am such a fool, Laur." I sniffled. "Go up there and hang out with your man. I am just gonna head home."

"Are you sure? You know, I am your best friend and have your back. Kolby doesn't need to see this hot piece of ass right now if you need me."

"Go.... and use protection please." I waved my hands in the direction of the house as she gave me one last hug and jogged up the stairs of the deck.

As I hopped in to my white Tahoe my phone signaled a new message. I looked down at it on my passenger's seat. It was Brantley.

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry! Life has been crazy, but I am back! Please read, comment, vote! This is another short, sort of filler chapetr but I promise to continue the updates more frequently. Thank you for all of the support, especially gergioapeach20! xoxoxo