INTRODUCTION

Welcome to DECOR!

Hi, I am Aria and I will be guiding you thro the book to have adequate weaponry to decorate your book!!! So I'll start with, oh no, I am not a proffesional graphic designer (yet a painter)

Hi, I am Aria and I will be guiding you thro the book to have adequate weaponry to decorate your book!!! So I'll start with, oh no, I am not a proffesional graphic designer (yet a painter). But at the same time, I have had dealings with a lot of graphics for the past months. I have learnt these from a relative (a graphic designer), @Lei André (she is completely amazing and on wattpad as well) and of course occational youtube. And no, I am not talking about learning apps, I am talking about learning GRAPHICS.

I'll be talking about Graphics Designing. As in the subject people take in or persue as a aspiring graphic designer.

I am not writting this chapter on to driving you to order from my book. I'm writing it to spread the word, GRAPHIC DESIGNING is NOT easy. It includes a lot of harkwork and brainwork as well. Its not just a cluming editing of two photos into one. So, even if you are not ordering from my book, make sure to read this chapter.

~¤~|•••|~|GETTING STARTED|~|•••|~¤~

Graphics in itself is a very vast concept

Graphics in itself is a very vast concept. It doesn't have any hatd and fast rules or ways you have to follow but it still have a lot of them. And knowing all of them and working with them keeping everything in mind, it can get a bit difficult but well, why am I here, then?

Coming to the most important question, What is graphics?

Simple. It is a visual description of an object. Sure there are texts but not much. All you do, all you make should have a meaning.

Why do you need graphics in a book?

Well, to answer that question I must say, we need it to sooth the viewers eyes. When we are reading a book, we are reading texts, letters and words. Wouldn't it be a good to pop in a graphics or two bewteen them as well to sooth the viewer's eyes? Banners, gifs, icons and pictures help us do the exact same thing.

What do we exactly need to get the reader's reaction?

A graphics which has its element properly placed, arranged and nicely interpretted by the viewer is the most perfect one. Not too much text, not too my pictures, a perfect colour coordination, some white space and a imagery will make it flawless. Especially dealing with covers. Just make sure that your graphics is balanced having a good contrast and alignment following the proximity between related and unrelated objects. If you didn't understand that, google the single words, you'll get its description and use in graphics.

What makes a graphics stand out?

Imagery. If u don't know what it is, go google it out. That'll give you a better description. A unique imagery is what makes a design brilliant and different in all aspect. And we all know, unique is... I don't really have to complete that line, do I?

Feeling more that showing.

Lastly, the most important point, ITS NOT ABOUT SHOWING. Sure, graphics are a visual representation but its not always about what yoju are showing in your art peice. Graphics is also about what you feel while watching it. Why do you think abstract art exists? Its the section of art that deals with how art makes you feel. Using a black aesthetic for a horror movie is not a steriotype, its a mood that generates uncertainity. Its about the spookiness that black generates. So its not always about what is shown, its also about what it feels like.

What should you make sure you have in a graphics?

* A meaningfull colour scheme (google the meanings or symbolism of a colour and u got it)

*A focus item (which relates to the story)

*A mood (the mood of the story. Maybe the cover includes killing and torture. Would u make a dark cover with... Fire? No no no, don't spoil the mood. And don't even think about a light whiter colour)

PS, Fire is a spiritual thing/object. Use it in Fantasy pls (if very necessary).

*A eye co-ordination (make sure to have the contrast right. It guides your eyes through your graphucs very much)

* Very high quality (Never compromise with your image quality. Make sure to never make it cover larger pixels than its own pixels)

*Neutral Fonts (Pls don't go for curvy fonts in a small space. I, for example, can't read them properly. Use curvy fonts in larger space because they grab attention and I am pretty sure your title is more important than your subtitle)

I think that's all for now and better keep my secreats under your sleeves and not loose them. They are pretty cool! Yes, I am bragging.

Now shoo! I've got lots to do!!!See ya later,-A

See ya later,
-A