I Could've Loved You Better

{AN: I got most of my ideas for this chapter from this song}  

Nishinoya's pov:

"Asahi- Stay with me, ASAHI!..." I yell in worry, Asahi is right in front of me- passed out. What am I supposed to do- "This is all my- fault!..." I whisper to myself as I grab my phone and call 119. It's ringing but no one seemed to pick up the phone until a while later. "Yes, this is 119, what's you're emergency?" A woman says.

I feel a knot forming in my throat- but there was no time to break down. "Yes- my... My best friend is on the floor passed out- He is suffering from  Bradycardia- and- and..." I say stuttering, trying to hold back my tears. "Sir calm down, we'll get there as fast as we can! just stay on the line so we could track your location down!" the woman says in a hurry, she talks to me and tells me that it'd be alright.

I hear the Ambulance's siren outside and then a knock on the door. I Hurry and open the door, they ask me about Asahi and what time did he pass out on. "Sir, you have to come with us!" One of them says. I was hesitant at first but I set that aside and hopped in with the ambulance.

It broke my heart to see Asahi on the hospital bed like this, it scared me. "There is- no pulse- THERE IS NO PULSE!" one of the ambulances shouted- At that moment I panicked to myself that I kept pinching myself. "I need an ECG machine!" Another one shouted. I couldn't take it anymore- I closed my eyes and pinched myself till we got to the hospital. I saw them as they took Asahi in. 

I sat in the waiting room, with one arm bruised so badly of my pinching. A doctor happened to see my bruised arm and told me that he needs to treat it right away. A nod in agreement and silence. He treated my arm and wrapping it with a bandage. "Hey, doc...Do you by any chance know if Azumane Asahi is going to be alright?" I say as the doctor keeps wrapping the bandage around my arm. "Azumane Asahi, why I'm his doctor" he chuckled.

 My eyes glimmered and shined, I looked up to the doctor. "How is he now?!" I ask in a worry. He sighed- "Asahi-san is in a very severe condition right now... But I guarantee that he'll be alright" He proclaimed then looked at me and smiled as I smile back with a frown. 

"You must be Nishinoya Yuu, right?" doc asked. I look at him with confusion written all over my face. "Yes, How'd you know?- I didn't mention my name to you yet" I replied yet puzzled. He chuckled- "Asahi-san always mentions you when he comes to check-in about his health" the doc stated. "He does?..." I asked as I felt a tear roll down my face. "Y- yes, but may I ask... Are you okay Nishinoya-san?" he seemed to ask in a worry. I nod happily, "I just feel like all of this is my fault, I caused Asahi trouble all these years...Even though he's the one I loved..." I respond as I wipe the rest of my tears away. 

 The doc stood up and smiled- "I don't think that you were the one at fault, no one is" he claimed and gathered his stuff. "In fact, you were just young back then, youth has its ways" he chuckled as he pulled the curtain behind him aside and left. My eyes widened- thus I saw Asahi on the bed, awake and he gestured to come to him with his hand.

--------------------------

Asahi's pov:

I woke up in the hospital again- I looked around and saw all the IV machines and my pills. I sat and wondered about what happened last night, that's when I overheard what seemed like Nishinoya and doctor Ishida talking. I look at the clock as the sun hits my eyes, It was already 7:56 am. I wondered if Nishinoya stayed with me all this time- I was hoping not cause I really care about his health more than I care about mine. 

"I caused Asahi trouble all these years...Even though he's the one I loved..." I overheard Nishinoya say. I smiled and I felt my heart sync with its beats. I sat there listening to their conversations happily as the birds outside started chirping. I heard Ishida-sensei leaving as he pulled the curtain aside so Nishinoya could see me awake alas. His eyes widened when he saw me and I gestured for him to come with my hand.

Nishinoya came towards me tumbling. I could see dark circles under his precious puffed eyes and his red nose from crying. I guess he was too tired to say anything, poor thing, I told him to lay his head against the bed- he kept arguing about the real patient who needs to rest- which is me and that he doesn't need to sleep. But I assured him that it was alright- he glared at me for the most of it as I chuckled.

I patted Nishinoya's head as he was fast asleep. I stare outside the window and see the blazing sun. Everything was fine- Some friends heard about me and decided to visit. And Nishinoya woke up around 2:18 pm. "He must've been really tired, eh?" Daichi asked as I chuckled to see Nishinoya opening his eyes then turned around to everyone and smiled. "What happened to his arm though?" Suga asked worriedly. "Ishida-sensei said that he pinched himself hard and too many times that his arm bruised badly" I sighed in response. Nishinoya stood up embarrassed- "Why's everyone here-" he asked. "Do we need an invitation to visit our friends?" Tanaka sarcastically said. Nishinoya jumped in excitement and hugged Tanaka. "What's with the clothes," Tanaka said and we laughed all laughed as Nishinoya was explaining why he was wearing my clothes.

Every few minutes I would feel my heart nudge, I kept ignoring it though. "Come to think of it, Hikaru stopped by a few minutes before you woke up," I said. "what- Hikaru, oh heh" Nishinoya seemed to be tense. I didn't want to break the mood and ask why so I kept it in and that I would ask him later. I grabbed my pills and swallowed them alongside- drank a glass of water. Nishinoya, Hinata, and Tanaka went down to the vending machine- being the childish people they are. 

A few minutes pass by and everything begins to dim. "Daichi- Can you hand me my pills please?" I asked in agony, trying not to show any signs of it. "Sure thing" Daichi responded and handed me my pills. My eyes widened as I saw the label, "these... aren't my pills..." I whisper to myself. Suddenly the air gets thick and my body fires up. "Asahi-san, are you okay?" Kageyama asked- I didn't know if I should answer or not- to call help or not- I didn't know what to do.  I snatch the needle that's connected to the IV machine from my wrist. I get out my bed- "Asahi- are you okay?- Asahi listen- Asahi!" I vividly hear Daichi yell. "Hikaru... that bastard..." I thought as I stumbled down the walls and reached the door. I get a grip of the doorknob yet my legs and in fact, my whole body was worn out. All that I saw when opening the door is me stumbling on Nishinoya. "Hikaru- h...he... switched my pills..." I slowly whisper with all my strength to Nishinoya as I lost consciousness. 

{Additional paragraph/s}

"ISHIDA-SENSEI" Nishinoya yelled, telling every nurse to find him- for his patient collapsed. Ishida-sensei arrived and quickly handled things around. "Ishida-Kun, his pulse is slowing down and he's getting cold!" one of the nurses says. "Nishinoya- listen to me, he's in grave danger- but don't panic!" Ishida-Sensei said and left to take care of Asahi ASAP. By 12 am, everyone was already home except Nishinoya, who was the most worried.

"Noya-chan? what are you still doing here, visiting hours are over- I brought you some clothes and a cake for Asa-" Hikaru arrived saying but he was cut off when Nishinoya slapped him. "I never wanna fucking see you again..." Nishinoya said as he snatched his clothes away from Hikaru and walked away. Hikaru's eyes seemed to widen when Nishinoya slapped him but as soon as Nishinoya left, Hikaru smirked- "Ah, don't worry you'll love me one day..." He giggled to himself.

AND TO BE CONTINUED!!! hahaha! { I am a monster } uvu