:) Smile :)

Credit; Narrystyran

This is actually the first official cake one shot I've ever read if I remember correctly.

Enjoy ;)

__________________________

"Are you really gonna make me go through with this?" Calum whined, stomping after his flatmate, Ashton.

"Yes. You've been single for 3 months, it's time for you to meet someone," Ashton responded, causing Calum to let out a huff and pout up the stairs. "I won't be home when you get back! Going out with Mikey."

"Can't believe I'm actually doing this" he mumbled to himself. He took off the sweatpants and t-shirt he'd been wearing previously, figuring he should wear something a bit nicer. He rummaged through his dresser, finally finding something at least half decent. He threw on some jeans and a button up shirt, and brushed his hair up a bit before leaving his room.

"Ashton, I'm leaving," he called out as he made his way down the stairs and to the back door.

"Have fun, and try not to be too big of an idiot."

"Fuck off" Calum replied with a smirk. He gave Ashton a friendly peck on the cheek, put on a tuque and coat, and headed out.

The air was crisp and cold and stung his cheeks as he made his way down the street. The restaurant was only a few blocks away so he figured he'd just walk. And as he walked, he couldn't help but think that maybe this was for the best. He thought about how nice this guy could be and that maybe Ashton was right about him being single for too long. He thought about his ex Niall, and how his heart sunk when Niall had dumped him. He thought about the days he'd spent crying and thinking that this was it, this was how he'd be forever.

And then he thought that maybe he shouldn't think about Niall. Because even thinking those thoughts stung more than the cold that was now burning through his cheeks and nose. And the tears that rolled down his face were hot against the numbness he'd felt.

He let them fall. Because maybe if he cried this one last time, it would wash away the memories, and the hurt. Because maybe if the hurt left his heart, he'd have more room to let someone else in. And even if that didn't work, the crying warmed his cheeks and apparently he'd underestimated how cold it was.

He walked slowly for the next couple of blocks, not bothering to wipe away the tears that seemed to refuse to stop falling. And now he was thinking about how maybe he wasn't ready. How maybe he shouldn't even bother meeting this guy because he'd never actually be over Niall. But by then it was too late because he could see the restaurant and he could see someone outside the restaurant. And know he was frantically wiping at his cheeks because he couldn't very well cry in front of his date.

So he did, and when he was done and the tears were at least partially gone he flashed the biggest smile he'd possibly ever smiled and waved a wave that could only be described as happy. And it didn't matter that he wasn't actually happy, because at least for now he had to pretend.

Except that for some reason that was so completely unknown; he didn't.

Because something changed when he was greeted with a 'hi, I'm Luke!'. Something he never thought would change. Something that he had rendered impossible only a few minutes earlier. Something that hit him like a brick wall.

Love.

And ya it was cheesy, but it was the only way he could describe the feeling he got when he looked into those crystal blue eyes.

"H-hi, I'm Calum," he smiled; and it was a smile that was genuine and true and made his stomach flip because everything was overwhelmingly perfect. And now that he was done with initial shock he took time to really see how perfect it was.