So i'll sit here waiting

(PIC ON THE SIDE IS ME AS A BABY BAI)

ENJOY

______________________

Luke Hemmings is not a stalker, okay?

He's not.

He's a bit socially awkward and he's stuck working a boring office job and no matter how hard he tries or how long he's lived on his own, he's incapable of recreating his mother's famous Mac 'n Cheese.

He's all of these things, but he's not a stalker.

Except that he totally feels like one, sitting here on his couch with a lukewarm cup of coffee as he watches the street through the window, waiting.

Luke tells himself it's not stalking if he's not going out of his way to find details about the other person, which he hasn't. He tells himself it's not stalking if their schedules just happened to coincide, which is mostly true, but it's probably still a bit weird.

The first time Luke noticed him was a few weeks ago. The moving truck had caught Luke's attention, with its loud engine and squeaky brakes as it pulled into the driveway a couple houses down. He'd debated going to introduce himself, suddenly remembered he was socially inept, and he only further solidified his decision to run back inside once he saw the gorgeous guy that stepped out of the driver's seat.

Sun kissed skin, dark brown hair, a slim athletic build and a couple of tattoos blurred to Luke due to the distance...and Luke was a goner. He'd quickly dipped into his front door almost instantly afterwards.

The morning after that was the first time it happened. Luke had woken up at his usual time, around 6:30, and shuffled towards his kitchen. He brewed himself a pot of coffee, poured a cup, and ventured into the living room to flick on the morning news.

When he sat down on his couch to watch, a movement outside caught his eye. Flickering his gaze out the window to glance at the sidewalk, he found his new neighbor indulging in an early morning jog. Normally, Luke wouldn't think twice, because quite a few people went jogging in his neighborhood, but the guy was shirtless, and he looked damn good.

It became a bit of a habit after that, part of Luke's morning routine. Wake up, make coffee, turn on the news, watch the hot shirtless neighbor running by instead of the news.

So that's where Luke is now - 6:50 on a Thursday morning, mindlessly sipping coffee that's gone a bit cold for his liking and watching as he sees the neighbor approach Luke's house on his second lap of the morning.

When the guy hits Luke's driveway, he looks up, his face and neck and chest covered in sweat, which is incredibly sexy, but ultimately not the reason Luke squeaks and ducks away from the window in embarrassment.

It's because the neighbor has made eye contact, offered a little wave and wink through the window because he fucking knows Luke watches him, holy shit, how humiliating, Luke wants to die.

Luke avoids the window for a few days after that.

"It's fucking weird," Michael says, handing Luke his food over the counter of the deli where he works. Correction - where Luke forces Michael to work because Michael's really fucking lazy and Luke pretty much gets lunch here every day during the week, so he can make sure Michael's not slacking on his half of the rent on the apartment he shares with Ashton.

Luke rolls his eyes. "It's not weird," he attempts to defend himself, grabbing the bagged sandwich from his friend and handing Michael his credit card.

The fluorescent green-haired boy laughs, swiping the card through the register's scanner before giving it back to Luke. "You watch your sexy neighbor go running every morning, and now he knows you do it, and you're still going to tell me it's not the least bit weird?"