And when I left the light you were still my shadow.

First Mashton one! If you don't ship Mashton, you will after this.

Credit; collidethescope

*FETUS FLUFF*

~Ashton's always been there for Michael. Always.~

Enjoy ;)

_______________________

The sun burst through eleven year old Michael Clifford's blinds as he groaned and rolled over, hiding his face in his pillows. "Michael, I swear, if you're not awake by now," his mother trailed off as she entered his room. "Oh good, you are," she smiled sweetly, "so you can go shower and get downstairs. Your friends are waiting," she finished, smacking his leg playfully. Michael huffed, annoyed and confused. Friends? He could only think of...Ashton. That's the only friend that knew where he lived. He rolled his eyes. Of course Ashton would wake him up at, he looks at his clock, noon. Wow, noon. Well it was Saturday.

He showers lazily and puts on black jeans and matching tank top before going downstairs to meet Ashton's megawatt grin. They shout goodbye to Michael's mum and Ashton drags the pale boy out of the house excitedly. They start walking along the pavement with Ashton leading and Michael looks down at his friend's red jeans and snorts. "Hello to you too weirdo," he laughs.

"Don't be rude," Ashton glares playfully before pushing his hair out of his eyes. He throws his arm over Michael and pulls him into his side, earning a groan.

"Why are you so happy? It's way too early to be so happy."

"I'm always happy, and besides, it's like midday. You've literally missed half of the day."

"Whatever," Michael mumbles, "where are you taking me?" Ashton's smile widens,if possible, and he winks at his friend, whose skin flushes prettily under the attention. He doesn't answer the question as he's too caught up watching the pink spread across Michael's face, down to his exposed collarbone. He shakes his head and clears his throat, pulling his companion with more fervor to their destination.

After what felt like forever to both boys, for different reasons, Ashton stops and gestures to...well Michael's not quite sure what he gestures to. He looks around and he sees what he thinks might be a bench but he's not sure anyone can sit on it anymore. He turns and sees a mermaid statue standing in what appears to be a fountain but the brilliant blue paint that seemed to once cover it now flakes off onto the ground. He walks over to the fountain and is surprised that there is actual water in it despite the place looking abandoned and despite the heat. He looks into the fountain again and closely inspects the water which seems to be green and he cringes.

"Ash?" he asks as he turns to see said boy rolling up his pants. He catches on quickly enough and starts shaking his head. "Oh no. There's no way you're gonna get me to put my precious feet in there. I could probably...I don't know...die." Ashton laughs rolling his eyes and walks over.

"You won't die drama queen, the water's fine. Look," he says going to dip his toe in but Michael grabs him backwards before he can. "Michael!"

"I know I say I hate you but I don't actually want your toes to like, fall off." Ashton stares at him, incredulously before laughing and bending over to catch his breath, making Michael pout. He looks up and smiles so much at the cute boy beside him that his eyes crinkle adorably. He surprises Michael with a hug before pulling back and grinning at him.

"I knew you loved me," he says simply before going over and sticking his feet in the cool water and wiggling his toes. He looks back at Michael, going a bit cross eyed, who is rolling up his pants reluctantly. He eventually comes over and sits next to Ashton and timidly adds one foot and then the other. He turns, grinning, to Ashton who already has a smile waiting because he is literally sunshine and is always smiling, Michael thinks.