Exes and O's

Credit; WhoKnewZues

"If two past lovers can remain friends, it's either they were never in love, or they still are."

~In witch Calum and Luke realize they're still in love~

_________________________

It was already awkward enough to be in an overly touchy band, but to have his ex be part of it made it all rougher. Calum Hood, member of 5 Seconds of Summer, used to date his other band member, Luke Hemmings. They dated before the band got put together, but this was not much of a problem since they mutually made an agreement on their break up. However, it was still overall awkward.

Especially when they shared their little intimate moments together, then things would really become a one-way trip to embarrassment-town. Like that time when Calum nuzzled really close to Luke when they were watching a movie together and Ashton caught them while he was doing a Keek. Or when Michael accidentally pushed Luke forward while he was talking to Calum and his face collided with Calum's and it looked like they were in a really messy kiss. Or the plenty of times where during a meet-and-greet Luke had the tendency to pick Calum up in bridal style.

Yeah, it was like the universe was telling them to get back together, but they just weren't ready for the relationship.

In the past when they were dating, one of them would get excessively jealous of the other if another human being crossed a certain personal boundary and that would have led to a major argument that following night. Then Luke would nag to Calum that he was not serious enough around him and how it stressed him out, but Calum would interject by saying something like, "You're the idiot that chose to date me!"

Overall, they could have done a better job for each other. But no compromise was reached between them, just vain complaints. So the same mistakes were repeated, the same arguments used, the same words to destroy the other's ego. They built a relationship out of insecurities and misunderstandings, they actually didn't know how they got the courage to ask each other out if they had such differences.

On a more favorable note, Luke and Calum became more friendlier once they broke up. Especially when the band was formed, Luke and Calum knew they had to set aside their past in order for them to make their future career a success. It was an auspicious step forward, but there were moments where Luke and Calum locked yearning stares with each other like they had something important to say but the adjectives, nouns, adverbs, and verbs never came out.

Michael threw a party one night, and things obviously went out of hand. There were people crowding the living room, rather any of the members knew them or not was a mystery, and the booze was almost everywhere. Luke stayed sober because he believed there was fun in not being drunk, while Calum found the opposite of it. The noir was drunk out of his mind that it was a miracle that he could stand or function at all.

The Kiwi zigzagged towards a small group of friends that Luke was talking to, and began slurring complete nonsense at him because he was drunk and the suppressed words he held were finally being said in all the wrong ways. "Y'know, Lukz? I dought yu were hadzsome every nite wii arhcued. 'U'd never kiz meh likte I waz somethung desease!"

"Cal, you probably should go to sleep now. You had quite enough to drink tonight, buddy. Your words don't make much sense anymore." Luke giggled like he was used to this already, when in reality he wanted to argue that Calum was wrong and he wanted to kiss him with all the love that could have been. But they tried it before and it didn't work, so it's time to move on.

"I nuh wanda!" Calum whined as he almost tripped over absolutely nothing. Luke laughed about it as he picked the boy up, then he apologized to all his friends about Calum's untimely manner and left with Calum draped over his shoulder.