Epilogue (Part 2)

A/N First I wanna clarify some stuff about characters ages. Lucy and Xavier were 18 and 22 respectively at the beginning of this book and all the events happened within 6 months or so, despite the fact this book took me years to write, so at the very end of the book they were still the same age and it was still 2016. As they got older throughout the epilogue the years changed and by the end of this final epilogue it is still only 2024 and the kids were born in 2017 and 2020(making them generation Alpha, just missing gen z) and Lucy and Xavier 28 and 30 years old. Any whore, continue with this in mind. 

-

Lucy King Pov

"Mama! Mama! She gonna get me!"

"I can't help you little Kai, you're on your own." I snicker, watching the energetic toddler stumble across the jade grass. 

"I'm going to tickle you to death, Kai!" Raine growls playfully, chasing him with arms outstretched ready to grab. 

I can't help but grin as their giggles fill the air as she closes in. My eldest holds my young son to her chest and tickles him mercilessly, her sapphire eyes alight with mischief, messy brown locks falling from her loose braids and floating lightly in the wind. 

"I'll save you Malakai!" I'm broken from my fond trance as my mate swoops in. 

I try and fail to hold back my raucous laughter as he grabs Raine by the waist, lifting her high into the air and forcing her to let go of the giggling boy in her arms. The raven-haired boy spins to face his father and struggling sister with a cheeky grin, completely enraptured by their tussle. 

"Run, Malakai! I've got her!" Xavier shouts like the absolute loon he is.

The small boy turns and runs away and in the moment I am completely struck by the familiar warmth in his honey brown eyes. Raine got my eyes but Malakai's were the exact gold umber colour of my mother's, holding the same bright light and stunning warmth that hers always did. They contrasted interestingly with his pale skin and inky black curls, making him look quite striking for the squishy little kid he is. 

We just celebrated little Kai's 4th birthday a couple of days ago-wait, does that mean he's not really a toddler anymore? And Reina is already 7 years old and the ballsiest little kid I have ever met

We just celebrated little Kai's 4th birthday a couple of days ago-wait, does that mean he's not really a toddler anymore? And Reina is already 7 years old and the ballsiest little kid I have ever met. Fuck, I'm getting so old. 

It was a little under 10 years ago that I was absolutely certain I didn't want children. Shit was I wrong. It had felt right when the situation arose and that gave me Raine a nightmare and a blessing wrapped in one she is so much more than a handful but I wouldn't change her for anything. I loved the mother-child relationship so much, caring for a child that a few years later when Raine was starting to get older, we decided to have another. The fact that Jenna was also pregnant with her third child and practically demanded someone else share in her pain might've swayed me a little.