CH 17: Should I Get The Gas Masks?

Lucy Parker Pov

" I can't believe you just said that!"

Ugh will they ever stop

" I  can, and I'm not taking it back!"

Let me get you up to speed on the bullshit I've been put through for the last HOUR. So basically, I awoke to crashes and yelling downstairs. I speed down those damn stairs at the speed of light, only to find the only people downstairs were one thoroughly pissed of Jenna and a near explosive Jake.

Turns out someone said something and someone else said something else, honestly it was such a catastrophic situation, I still haven't quite figured it out. Anyway, they've been at it like this since well before I came down. I tried to talk some sense into them at first, and trust me, it only seemed to make it worse.

I backed off pretty quickly and settled for just grabbing some breakfast as it was about 10 AM. My bowl of coco pops in hand, I tried to slip past the provoked pair, but alas, they decided to drag me down with them. Lucy, tell the asshole to stop drowning in his own ego, it's not very attractive. Lucy, tell HER, she needs some better insults, seriously how unoriginal can you get. I was all of a sudden expected to pick a side, but I was tired and just wanted some damn cereal.

I ended up sitting down on the couch and slowly munching away at my cereal as they continued to argue. This was completely fine until I finished my bowl and attempted my escape, for the second time. Immediately as I stood I was brought back into their pointless brawl. This happened every time I tried to leave, so eventually, I gave up.

huuuuuuuh, guess I should finally stop this. Time to put my big girl panties on and engage The Luna voice.

" How dare yo-"

" OKAY, ENOUGH!" I roared out with a bit of Faith's help. Instantly their heads snapped to me, hostility shining in their eyes before they caught the slight glow in my irises, quickly their eyes dropped to their own feet.

" Now, tell me why you two are acting like this? Seriously, there better be one hell of an explanation because this is no way for anyone to be acting, especially not you two, especially not when you're mates." I state in a scolding tone. If possible, their heads lower even further in shame, and their shoulders slump in immediate defeat.

"Do you even remember what started your fight anymore?" I watch as they both shrink even more under my disappointed stare. I slightly shake my head at them, but can't bring myself to actually be mad at my friends.

Jenna emits a long shame-filled sigh, turning to face Jake who angles himself towards her in return. " I'm sorry Jake, I shouldn't have said and reacted the way I did. You're my mate and I love you more than anything." She exclaims, stepping forward into Jakes outstretched arms.

" I'm sorry too, babe. I shouldn't have said a lot of what I did or reacted quite so harshly, and of course, I love you too, mate." Jake replies burying his face in her neck. 

I crack a small smile at the loving couple but a slight pang hits me deep in my chest. I hear Faith whimper out in the back of my mind as my smile falters slightly. I'm so fucked up that I don't know if I'll ever be able to trust Xavier enough to be like that with him. For us to ever be that happy. Ever be that in love, unable to ever fall out. But my smile brightens again anyway because even if I can't have it, they always will. 

My train of thought is broken as Rose stumbles sleepily into the room. I can't help the smile that slides onto my face looking at her sleep dishevelled hair and bleary eyes. I can't help but compare her to a little sister as she collapses on the couch I had been trapped on. She hugs a pillow tightly to her chest and lets out a soft groan, blowing a fiery lock of hair out of her eyes.

" I was aiming for the kitchen and some food, but I seem to have lost all motivation halfway. Are nap breaks acceptable here?" She grumbles out followed by a small yawn.

" Always babe, that's how I survive here." I chuckle. She relaxes further into the couch as the others laugh softly at her. 

I look back over to the couple curled up together on the other couch. They lay entangled sharing a love-filled stare and smiling at the other like they hung the stars. I stand alone in the corner of the room barely leaning on the couch's armrest.

 I can practically hear both my resolve and Faiths crack a little bit at the possibility of this ever being us and Xavier; This thought is followed by the larger cracking in our battered heart as we realize just how unlikely that is, and how that is our fault alone.

I shake my head slightly to clear my thoughts and blink away my tears. I push my shoulders back and hold my head higher as Aiden sprints frantically into the room. This causes the lovers move away from each other and look in concern as he pants heavily. 

" Where... isshe." He barely pants out between deep breaths. I laugh slightly as I point to the mop of red curls on the smaller couch. 

Aiden rushes over quickly pulling her tightly to his chest. She stirs slightly as he picks her up and settles on the couch, before laying her back down, mostly on top of him. He holds her head carefully, supporting it in his hands as her eyes flutter open.

" Hi." He smiles down at her shyly. Rose stares up at him blinking slowly.

" Hey." She replies with a soft smile and caring eyes. A smile comes to my face at the sight of the beautifully blooming young love.

Love is like a drug

I look back and forth between the two love-struck couples with a bittersweet smile.

Now we're all hooked

My mixed feelings swarm and riot in my gut, and I feel like someone has pushed their fist right through my chest, and is crushing my heart in their palm. How can people bare it when love is always so painful?

I look up as a chuckle leaves Jakes' lips. "Oh no, looks like love is in the air." He declares in a sing-song voice before looking lovingly back at his mate. 

" Oh no, should I get the gas masks?" I joke with a chuckle of my own. 

What? Just because I'm falling doesn't mean I have to admit it out loud. 

A/N Well hey guys! I know it's been a while but some shit went down and I lost a crap ton of progress and planning for both of my books. I'm really sorry guys I promise it wasn't purposeful, anyway I rewrote this entire thing and it was pretty much a filler to give a little insight into Lucy's brain and her Luna qualities, as well as those developing relationships. Anyway hope you enjoyed, vote, comment, share, you know the drill. See ya!

Love is found in mysterious places
Like a rogue magic spark
That fell from a fairytale
Love is like a drug
Now we're all hooked
We couldn't sense the danger
We never even looked
Love has made us
More than a little blind
We barely saw them coming
Now we're in a bit of a bind  

(I'll put that at the end of every chapter that has one in it just in case you missed it)
By mysterious_mischief