[twelve] carson locked me out

Ted and the rest of the Goop gang pulled up into their Airbnb, bags of In-and-Out burger in their laps

Ted and the rest of the Goop gang pulled up into their Airbnb, bags of In-and-Out burger in their laps. Charlotte was bouncing up and down in her seat, excited to get back and devour her burger. Charlie, Cooper, and Noah copied her actions, shaking the entire car, and earning a scold from Ted.

Everyone began to hop out of the car, and Schlatt helped Charlotte out without her skirt riding up and flashing everyone. Charlotte slung her arm around Schlatt's shoulders as they walked into the house together with the boys.

Schlatt helped Charlotte to the couch, then sat beside her as Charlotte laid across the lounge chair. Ted sat at the floor near Schlatt's feet, Noah sat on the opposite side of the couch from Charlotte, and Cooper sat at the end of the chaise with Charlotte's feet in his lap.

The friends laid together on the couch, snacking on their burgers and friends, as Carson stood off to the side and snap pictures of them. It was quite hilarious to Carson, seeing all of his friends dressed up and eating burgers, but he felt content and happy, knowing he had found a great set of friends.

After everyone enjoyed their burgers, they all set off for bed. More awake and less drunk now, Charlotte walked herself to the master bedroom and began getting ready for bed. She changed into sweatpants and a tee shirt then began taking her makeup off and washing her face. Chuck always loved dressing up, but the feeling of taking it all off and changing into more comfortable clothes made her feel so much more relaxed.

Once her contacts were out and her teeth were brushed, Charlotte looked over her binder once more to further memorize the schedule for the next day in her mind. Carson, Ted, and their friend Josh were doing a meet and greet at the Twitch booth. The others would get to spend the whole day exploring the convention, and they would all meet together for lunch at a burger place near the convention center. Afterward, the Misfits would pick them all up in a party bus, and take them to the San Diego Zoo for a challenge Carson had created.

Once Charlotte had eased her anxiety by memorizing the schedule, she got into bed and began reading a book with her on the trip that she had not started yet. She snuggled under her blankets and relaxed as she sunk herself into the book.

In the middle of her reading, there was a knock on Charlotte's bedroom door. "Come in," she called out quietly in case some of the other boys were sleeping. The door slowly creaked open, revealing a tired-looking Schlatt on the other side. Charlotte turned to look at the boy, then placed her book face down in her lap. "Schlatt, what's up?" she asked.

"So," Schlatt began as he stepped into the room. He wore black and blue plaid pajama pants, and a black Radiohead band tee. His hair was up and fluffy, with no Yankee cap to hide it. "Carson locked me out of the room," he said sullenly.

"Awwww," Charlotte cooed, then placed her bookmark on the page she left off and closed the book. "Do you want me to go yell at him?" she asked, trying not to chuckle.

"No, it's okay," he said, rubbing his hand on the back of his neck. His t-shirt rode up a little bit, exposing the slightest bit of skin, and Charlotte had to use every part of herself to not look. "I was wondering....can I..." Schlatt moved his hand down and began rubbing his hands together nervously.

Charlotte knew what he was asking, without him having to say anything. "Yes, you can, Schlatt," she told him, then started moving the pillows on the side of the bed nearest the door onto the floor.

"Thanks, Charlotte," he said to her, then helped move the pillows and untuck the blankets from the bed. Charlotte scooted herself closer to the window, and Schlatt got in bed beside her. Chuck's heart raced as she felt his body heat radiating next to her.

Charlotte put her book and glasses on the nightstand next to her and turned out the lamp. Schlatt grabbed his phone from his pant pocket and placed it on the nightstand on his side, and got deeper into bed.

Chuck turned her head toward Schlatt as she sat up in bed, and smiled down at him. Schlatt smiled back as he crossed his arm behind his head on the pillow. Then Charlotte laid down in bed, without turning her face away from Schlatt's. Neither of them moved a muscle. They sat still, enjoying each other's company.

"You know," Schlatt spoke up, breaking the silence, "you can call me by my real name if you'd like."

"Schlatt isn't your real name?" Charlotte asked sarcastically. "I didn't know that!"

Schlatt then laughed, moving the blanket a little as his chest bounced up and down. "No, I mean you can call me by my first name, Jonathan. Or... whatever..."

"I thought your name was Jebediah," Charlotte replied jokingly, earning herself an even louder laugh from Schlatt this time. "How about J?" she asked. "That was it matches your screen name without me accidentally giving out your real name."

"J," Schlatt repeated with a smile plastered on his face. He looked up at the ceiling for a moment to think, then turned his head towards Charlotte's. "I like that."

"Okay then, J," Chuck said with an even bigger smile. Schlatt smiled back, and the two continued to stare in each other's eyes. Charlotte had a hard time seeing Schlatt in the dark due to her bad vision, but she still enjoyed the feeling of laying beside him.

Schlatt's heart pounded in his chest as he admired the girl lying beside him. The moonlight from the windows cascaded down her face and made her brown hair shine in the darkness. Schlatt couldn't stop looking at her. As much as he wanted to kiss her lips or soft cheeks, he held himself back. He had only met in person today and did not want to scare her away.

Eventually, Charlotte's tired eyes began to get heavy. She let out a quiet yawn, making sure to cover her mouth, then slowly began turning her body away from Schlatt. "Goodnight, J," she said to him as she rolled her body to face the windows.

"Goodnight, Charlotte," he replied and wriggled his body a little to get more comfortable in bed. Schlatt continued to stare up at the ceiling until his eyes too became heavy.

Charlotte stared out the glass doors in front of her. Although she couldn't see much clearly, she could see the movement of the ocean as the moonlight reflected off of it. She had never seen such a more peaceful sight before.

Chuck tried her best to control her rapid breathing from the butterflies swarming and fighting in her stomach. It could have been the alcohol settling down, but Charlotte assumed it was the same feeling as when she saw Schlatt's face for the first time ever, not just in person.

Eventually, Charlotte's eyes began to close, and her ears focused on the sound of Schlatt's heavy breathing as he slept to help her fall asleep as well.

[word count: 1248]

{A/N: I know it's shorter than most chapters, but I thought it was cute lol}