The Reunion

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg!

That's all Natalie can could hear as she started to wake up from her wonderful dream, she poked her head out of the sheets her dark brown hair all over the place and she slammed her hand on the top of her alarm clock but as she was about to go back to sleep her head quickly shot out of bed to look at her bedside table only to get the shock of her life as there right near by her alarm clock...was one of Jervis's mind control cards and in the little vase...was a single red rose.

She gasps and slowly begins to pick up the little card and examines it more closely, she was amazed by its beautiful design and how the circuitry joined together wire to wire platform to platform electric circuit to electric circuit. She caressed the circuit board with the back of her thumb and admired the front of the card as it said ' In this style 10/6' just like her beloved.

Tithling smiles and puts it back on her bed side and takes out the red rose it was exactly like the one in her dream a perfect shade of bright red and the thorns removed from the stem it even smelt very sweet...just like him.

She twirls it in between her fingers and strokes it's silky smooth petals, but then a thought came into mind and she quickly rushed out of her bedroom to search for someone, she searched every room in her tiny apartment...but there was no sign of her blonde hatter anywhere, that was until she spotted something out of the ordinary...her entire apartment was clean and tidied.

The cod webs in the corners were gone, the windows were spotless from the inside, all the dishes were done, floors hovered and mopped, the bathroom was spotless plus her faulty shower was fixed and replaced with a brand new shower curtain and on her desk all her paperwork and files were tidied and in the correct order neatly placed in her briefcase.

Natalie was gobsmacked while she was fast asleep Jervis had done all this for her...or at least she thought it was him it could have been so neat freak who snuck into her apartment to pull an awful prank on her. However when she looked at her dinning table to spot a perfectly made breakfast which consisted on delicious looking jam and cream scones followed by a pot of Darjeeling tea...she knew it was him.

She then turns to look at her photograph of her and Lily back when she was a life, she traces her fingers on the picture gently smiling with happy tears running from her chestnut eyes.

" Did you do this Lily...did you send me an angel do give me happiness...was it you who brought me this sweet gentleman in my lonely world" she says to the picture of Lily and then spins around happily clutching onto the rose as she laughs cheerfully and her tears drop to the floor as she finally collapsed on the ground smiling and looking up at the ceiling...her hatter was safe and sound.

When she arrived at Arkham the doctors and guards looked at her confused of to why she was happy, one guard thought that she was going batty like the rest of them others didn't want to poke their noses into her personal life. Dr Lealand had seen this and went over to Natalie with a gentle smile upon her comforting face.

" You seem in a good mood Dr Tithling, did something happen to you last night?" She asks as she walks with Natalie to her office.

" Nothing exciting Dr Lealand just a good dream that's all, a very happy dream and a very good breakfast" she cheerfully says blushing a little from the memories from last night's 'experience'.

Lealand looked at her surprised she had never seen Natalie so cheerful in a long while, after witnessing the event of the group therapy a few days ago she would of thought that Natalie would still be in shock and scarred for the rest of her life but something had changed and she was starting to get concerned.

" Now what about my patient is he awake yet" Natalie asks in a slightly more serious tone and at that point Lealand snaps out of her concerned thoughts.

" Yes he's made a good recovery from the event though he has been quiet since he woke up.." Natalie looks up at Lealand worried and quickens her pace.

" Well tell the guards to bring him up for his session, I want to try and help my patient as best as I can" at that point she quickly goes into her office and closes the door before Lealand can say a word.

' Well...at least she's doing her job' she thought but she still had her doubts and worried if poor Natalie was safe to continue this line of work. She did want to see another good doctor being claimed by the hands of insanity especially since having to witness to what happened to poor Harleen Quinzel.

But little did Tithling know that with in the darkness and hiding in the shadows...someone was watching her with in the distance.

Three hours Natalie waited...three long boring hours she waited for the guards to escort Jervis into her office, to pass the time she would sort out her files constantly or she would look at the mind card that she kept in her briefcase again and again keeping her beautiful thoughts flowing through her mind.

If only Lily could see her now, she had a good job a niceish apartment but most important...she found love, or at least she thought it was love...Natalie was unsure if she was in love or not, it could just be her mind playing with her and that it might have been some stupid childish crush on a maniac or Jervis could be playing with her like a puppet possibly hoping a chance to use her and then dispose of her when she was no longer of use to him. Even if it wasn't any of those things and that she was in love...it could never work.

She was a doctor...she had to follow rules that the law and the asylum committee had created to keep both staff and patients safe from any danger...

Then there was the other problem...Jervis Tetch himself...he was labelled a lunatic imagine the publicity of it.

' Wonderland Obsessed Lunatic seduces Doctor' or ' Mad Hatter takes advantage of his equally insane Doctor'.

Poor Natalie couldn't bare the thought of ruining Jervis...not like other people have in the past...but she couldn't bare to part with her beloved...not after he gave her so much kindness for the past couple of weeks...he was only good thing apart from Lily in her life.

At that point there was a knock on the door and she snapped out her troubles and summoned whoever was at the door...then...her entire life stopped.

The guards gently brought in Jervis who looked absolutely terrible, a bandage was wrapped around his head, his eyes looked extremely tired and that warm complexion to his skin was drained out of him leaving him pale and almost innocent looking.

Natalie's heart had dropped right her chest to her feet and had smashed into a million pieces on the floor when she looked at him, in her mind she blamed herself for what had happened to him and that she regretted everything that had happened in that group therapy session.

When the guards eventually left the two of them avoided eye contact and stayed in silence, Natalie tried to hold in her tears while Jervis avoided crying all together but no matter how hard they tried to avoid talking or looking at each other... one would eventually say something...and at that point three little words popped out of both their mouths.

" I love you" they both said in a soft breaking tone as they slowly looked at one another deep into each others eyes. Natalie let all of her tears out and had the courage to go over to Jervis and hug him tight bursting out into tears and burying her in his shoulder. Jervis couldn't help but sigh with relief and clutch onto his beloved doctor tight stroking her dark hair with love and comfort.

" I'm so glad your ok Jervis...I thought I had lost you" Tithling said in a muffled tone as she dug her head deeper in his shoulder.

" Oh do not worry dear Doctor Tithling...you will never lose me...I will always be by your side, I will always protect you from harm...I will always guide you from the madness... that is my promise to you".