Things to think, none to tell

To say that Scar was literally a walking, breathing, (he wasn't talking yet), zombie would be an understatement. He looked like he was just nine minutes away from fainting. The bags under his eyes were alarming, and the way he remained in his own little world of depressive thoughts, missing out everything happening around him, everyone was concerned for him. At least, they pretended to be.

Zach finally got him alone in the showers after P.E, and needless to say, he did what had to be done. He confronted.

"Ok, look. This," He motioned towards him and at his state, making a face,"This is not cool man."

"Yeah, tell me about it."Scar laughed bitterly.

"We had this talk I'm not using my precious breath to elucidate again. And please, sulking about it isn't gonna help, you're making me look bad." Zach said.

"Yes, how exactly?"

"Come on man, I gave you the talk, of course I'm going to be embarrassed." Zach said as a matter of fact.

"Embarrassed to who?"

"To myself, don't be stupid, man."

"You're weird. Don't talk to me."

"Surprise, we're already on talking terms."

"Could you please just shut up? You're making this worse that it already is."

"I would've but Aaron isn't. Seriously. He only speaks one language these days, Travis this Travis that, my brother this my brother that I'm frustrated. I mean we were having a moment A MOMENT and out of the blue he says, I hope Travis is okay."

"That's just pitiful. But wait the fuck what moment?" He quoted, using air quotations.

"Yeah, I and Aaron are really kinda together." Zach scratched his head, like a shy teenager (he was, he just pretended he was smarter than any average teen).

Scar made a gagging noise, and scrunched his nose. "That's peak shit behaviour and I should really not talk to you anymore but I really need your help, so we'll get back to this later."

"Somehow you're wiser than yesterday. Okay, shoot." Zach asked.

"Yes, so I need you to look over Mey."

"I take back that moment where you were wise and holy shit Scar that's borderline creepy, I'm out." Zach laughed incredulously at his request.

Scar only glared at him. "I just want to make sure that he's okay."

"Then go see him. I'm not stalking hi-"

"It's not stalking, it's called looking after someo-"

"It be better if his boyfriend did it, don't you think?"

"He isn't talking to me."

"Technically he won't talk to you, no offence, but seriously you should be the one looking over him not me, god."

Scar rolled his eyes, heaving out a sigh. "Just how much do you hate him? Like isn't he a really I mean REALLY likeable guy? I mean look at hi-"

"If you're talking about him fondly stop it right there I rather not listen what you see in him, Jesus." Zach made a sour face, which Scar countered by an incredulous shrug very much ignored by the former.

"Just look over him, please."

"He's not a baby."

"But I just-"

"Go talk to him. Please. I do talk sense sometimes, I mean that's like always, but that's beside the point, but you do get me, don't you?"

"Are you talking sense?"

"The other part. The talk-to-him part that you noticed but pretended not to." Zach deadpanned. "Jeez man you weren't this much of a chicken the last time we had a proper dude talk."

Scar's jaw hardened as he "Last time my life was not as messed up. But last time, you decided to change that."

"Woah hold the fuck up right there." Zach breathed. "I," He placed a finger on his chest. "wasn't the one to mess things up. It's you. Dipshit."

"Very dramatically elucidated, but you and I both know that you're spitting lies." Scar fired, eyes narrowing into slits. Maybe he was just acting up on his own self defense mechanisms, but Zach knew it was just him trying to convince his lie to himself.

"Whatever floats your boat, I guess."

"So look after him. That's all." Scar pleaded, yes pleaded, before walking away towards his class.

Zach sped up his pace, but he was already inside his class. Zach muttered after him, "You owe me one, Ellman."

***

Aaron paced through the labyrinth of his thoughts, anxiously checking his phone every minute. Dad hadn't contacted them yet, which made him kind of uneasy. Truth to be told, Aaron didn't want their dad to meet Travis. If Travis was suffering, he would suffer tenfold after seeing his dad who ought to have died, years ago.

Aaron hated how he came to know of the truth. Eighth grade, when he asked for the wifi password. Mom handed him the phone, when the message popped up.

(Note : Dad = D, Mom = M)

D : What's Travis' term fees again?

M : I've told you Fred, you don't need to do this. My salary is enough to cover both of their class fees, and also keep this family going.

D : I could do this much for my sons.

M : You don't have to. You've done enough.

D : You know I'd still do it.

M : How're you holding up?

D : Better. The fever lowered last night.

Yes, sure surfing someone else's phone was not so ethical, but fuck ethics. This was about his life and someone named Travis. And there was only one Travis that he knew of in the whole eighth grade who might have some problem in paying his term fees. But hell, that only complicated things for him. His parents were divorced, but dad came once in a while. Talked for a few hours. Then he was gone again. A feeling of descending an endless pit with no one to stop his fall haunted him. For days, weeks, months, years? Aaron was used to feeling lonely. And no matter what happened, he won't let his brother feel the same way.

A pair of arms circled around his waist, pulling him back, flush against a familar touch.

"Hi."

Zach sweetly kissed his way down his neck. He made Aaron all tingly, and somehow it worked perfectly in situations where he needed something to keep him calm. Zach glided his fingers, tip-toeing (a/n : that's not the right word i can't find it) their way down his shoulders, his arms, his wrist, to finally entwine with Aaron's.

Zach knew. In situations like this, Aaron needed him to stay quiet. Provide him with the peace of mind that he lacked momentarily. So he stayed put, his chin placed cozily in the crook of his neck and both of his hands covering Aaron's, around his waist.

Aaron sighed. As if he just sighed out his worries, Aaron turned back, with a familiar smile--exclusively for the boy holding him, and let himself fall. This time, he wasn't afraid of the fall, he had his knight in shining armour to hold him back. But just in case, he didn't mind falling twice only to be pulled back up by him. He wasn't afraid anymore.

Falling in love, might  not be not easy right now. 

***

yeah more zach x aaron moments what about it deal with it till i get ideas