Nightmares Coming Alive

The thin streaks of sunlight penetrated into the room, lighting up its bits and corners. It was a small room, with the basic funiture and a window on the left side—with the blind pulled down.

"Hey, wake up Mey." A gentle voice made Travis curl up into his blankets more.

"Mey, it's already 8:00, don't you have school?" With the mention of school, Travis sprang up from his blanket habitat only to be pulled down by Scar.

"Kidding. It's Sunday." Scar chuckled, nuzzling his head on Travis' neck. Travis blinked a few times before he tried to retreat from the taller's hold, Scar didn't know—his neck was his sensitive spot. Suddenly, as if aware of his surroundings, he sprang up again, and looked around, his eyes widening.

"Yeah, I brought you home." Scar smiled, propping up on his elbows. "Come here, you confused baby." Scar grinned and pulled him on his lap and wrapped his arms around his waist.

"Your mom told me to take care of you." Scar muttered, pushing the truth that his mom didn't want to take care of her son, far in the back of his head. Travis didn't have to know that unwanted piece of information.

"I took permission from my parents as well. So, now just stay put and let me spoil you, how 'bout that?" He said, peppering chaste kisses down his neck. Travis nodded weakly and let his head fall back on Scar's shoulder. It was not bad idea, not a bad one at all.

*

"Aaron?" Aaron felt a soft push on his side, and whined. It was Sunday and he had the least of desire to wake up before 11.

"Aaron. WAKE UP YOU DICK!" A hard knock on his forehead made him snap out of whatever dream he was experiencing. Zach sat on his knees near the couch, leaning in towards him. Aaron faintly registered last night's happenings—them falling asleep after Zach cried on him. But looking at Zach now, it seemed, he was not bringing it up, now or anythime soon. But the thing that ticked his concern was how Zach was being too close for his knowledge.

"Wh-what are you d-doing?" He stuttered. And a strange thought that Zach's lips looked kind of nice poked his thoughts and he was wide awake in seconds.

"What? Trynna wake you up, what does it look like?" Zach frowned.

"N-nothing. Just tipsy, I guess." He sighed, looking away.

"Guess what we're doing in this fine morning?" Zach looked cheerful. But that only scared Aaron, because a cheerful Zach is not a very common phenomena and it meant trouble most of the times.

"Wh-what?" He asked timidly, he's going to bang his head till he dies if it involes Scar and Travis again.

"Checking up on Scar."

Aaron choked on his own morning spit and coughed loudly. No, banging his head would hurt a lot, maybe he should try on how to prevent Zach from being an ass.

"WHAT? THEM AGAIN?" He cried out in frustration.

"Stop yelling I can hear you perfectly well. And yes, why? You ain't coming? But I wasn't asking, you know. I'm taking you with me."

"Look Zach, it's your choice whether you wish to be an asshole or a good friend. And I opt to take option B." Aaron sighed, getting up from the couch. His body felt cranky and his head was a mess. Maybe he slept in a weird position last night, well, not his fault-the couch was much smaller than his built.

"Well, option C, both." Zach piped up.

"Fine then, option D, none of the above." Aaron groaned, again slumping down on the couch. His whole body hurt.