1. master of the mansion

May 16th

A beautiful night.
Perfect for hunting demons. They're utterly disgusting creatures, yet I can't help but feel some pity for them. Perhaps the way they look at me when I stab them to death. My mother always said give them the tiniest bit of sympathy... well before she died to one that is.

CAW CAW (y/n) PLEASE REPORT TO OYAKATA-SAMA FOR A PILLAR MEETING TOMORROW! CAW CAW!

"Dumb crow always interrupting..."

I HEARD THAT CAW CAW!

"Ah sorry mitsuya i didn't mean to be rude!"

Yes I did.

(Y/n) (l/n). The wisteria pillar, she has been in the corps since the age of 12, quickly rinsing in the ranks she became a pillar at the age of 14 and 10 months. As a gift she got a diary from her best friend, Shinobu. The two have been friends for quite a long time, they're breathing styles being heavily influenced by each other. Out of the 9 other pillars she is ranked 7th, just above Tokitou, but under Mitsuri. (Y/n) lived a good life, all her friends were alive. What More could she want?

It took her all night and half of the next day to get to oyakata's state. It had been a year since she last saw anyone. (Y/n) use to be a really outgoing kid, she was constantly happy until her life was ruined by demons. It's not like she loathed demons, it was like a prey and predator situation. But that doesn't mean she loved them either, they were gross in her eyes. The way they had multiple body parts, missing body part, just anything abnormal she hated.

In the distance she could hear a familiar voice.

"DELICIOUS!"

Over and over again, the word delicious. Rengoku just wouldn't shut up.

"DELICIOUS!"

"DELICIOUS!"

"DELICIOUS!"

"DELICIOUS!"

"DELICIOUS!"

"DELICIOUS!"

"DELICIOUS!"

"DELICIOUS!"

"DELICIOUS!"

"DELICIOUS!"

"..."

'Finally some peace and quiet....'

She thought with a sigh of relief.

"DELICIOUS!"

"ARGH RENGOKU I LOVE YOU BUT SHUT UP!"

she quickly covered her mouth. It was weird of her to be there for the 11 times he said delicious.

"Oh? (L/n) is that you? I haven't heard your voice in a year!"

She saw the ball of sunshine run around the corner to go greet her with a big bear hug. She obviously returned it.

"Sorry for saying shut up... I didn't want that to be my first words to you after a year."

Her tone was soft, not as cold as it was from when he last saw her. That year must of done something to her.

"It is okay! I can't believe you are back! I'm glad one of my favourite people are back."

(Y/n)'s smile grew. She had been in isolation for so long she forgot the warmth of another human being.

"Thank you Rengoku. Do you wish to go to the meeting now? Or shall we catch up first?"

"We can catch up on the way!"

The two talked about their experiences from the past year, with the occasional reunion when some people saw (y/n).

"Oh the others are going to be very happy you are back!"

"really? I missed them all as well."

"Good!