"Ah salaam" he muttered, walking towards his brother and taking a seat. Rabail smiled at him.

"Wa alaikum mus salaam, Iravat. How are you?" Islah rolled his eyes at Rabail's words. Why must she do this to him?

Irav did not reply. Instead he leaned back on the seat beside Islah and placed his hands in the pocket of his hoodies. The brothers and their father then watched Lila and Rabail interact. An interesting sight it was.

Rabail Darwish is still beautiful and poised. The same bright eyes and mischievous smiles. The same ones I fell in love with. I remember when I realized I was hopelessly in love with her.

It was the summer of 2009 and we spent it with Suleiman uncle's family aka, with Rabail in Bali. Dad owns an estate at Jimbaran, Bali where we stayed during that time. It was a ten minute walk from the beach and I vividly remember racing with Rabail there. Those were the good times.

It felt like we connected; not just emotionally but spiritually too. Our bond grew as days passed and when I realized I was in love with her, it was the final days of summer. I mean I must have liked her for years now but I realized then.

The last night of our stay in Bali was the night I confessed to her. We were aimlessly walking on the beach, enjoying the last moments of summer. The moon was out and bright, reflecting against the waters of the ocean as they swept through the shoreline. Soft breeze blew around the place but nothing too much. It felt nice, like the nicest evening to spend time with the one woman I had come to love perhaps.

"Rabail?" I called out to her, looking at the stars above and she hummed in reply. I glanced over at her. Her chocolate brown hair was tied in a braid with small flowers attached to it. She also wore a flower crown with yellow flowers on them, the same ones given to her at the market during the day.

"I like you" she halted on her tracks, eyes focused ahead. I stood a step behind her, hoping and praying she would not slap me for it. She turned to me gracefully and I shifted slightly on my feet. I guess it was my body's mechanism of defense, in case something happened.

Her gray eyes shone bright under the moonlight as her expression morphed into that of a smile. It was a sincere one, a soft one and the same one I found myself dreaming about a lot after that. She let out a small breath and I inhaled deeply.

"I know" she replied and I raised an eyebrow at her. Her expression gave away absolutely nothing. When I said nothing, she continued. "Somehow I knew. I appreciate it, really. But now is not the right time"

I had accepted it without any word. At least she didn't reject me. I was a teenager then anyway. And since then, I have been wondering; when is the right time? It's been years now and I thought I will be over it. Well guess what? Seeing her now, I realize I am still in love with Rabail Darwish.

"Islah?" Islah looked up to his mother.

"Get us milkshakes from the fridge please" said Lila and Islah rolled his eyes while Rabail grinned.

"Yes Islah. Work please" Rabail added to it, too sweetly causing Islah to glower at her. Just because you are my legit best friend doesn't mean you do- oh milkshakes.

"Right" he muttered, standing up and walking to the kitchen to get them milkshakes. I wonder what my little kid is doing right now?

-

Yusra sniffed as she wiped away her tears. She set at the woven bucket chair outside in the balcony where the winds blew softly in the bright night, with her laptop propped up on a small desk in front of her. She stared intently into the screen and waited for the next scene.

"Why? Why must you let her go, Captain?!" she whined as she held onto her soft plushie tightly. Apparently Yusra had managed to convince herself to watch another Korean Drama, called Crash Landing on You and now she was bawling her eyes out for the couple. I am such an emotional person. My god. My husband is not allowed to leave me like this at all!

"Yusra!" she jumped slightly from the call of her name. Maha stood by the door of the balcony with her hands on her hips.

"Yeah?" she replied to the older sister sheepishly. Maha let out a small smile. I cannot stay annoyed at this cute little baby, she thought playfully. When Maha noticed her red, teary eyes, she panicked.

"Have you been crying? What happened?" she asked, walking over to Yusra. The girl in question waved her hand fanatically, no.

"No, Aapa. I have not been crying. Must be the lens" she replied and Maha raised an eyebrow, as if asking her if she was sure. Yusra nodded at her with a smile. Absolutely sure. If you don't catch that I don't wear lens that is.

"We are going to Nubeen Khala's place this weekend. Her family is shifting to a new house and your ammi said we all have to go." She informed her and Yusra almost groaned. Not her place! I can be anywhere but her place.

"Alright. Thank you aapa" Maha nodded at her before bidding her goodnight and walking away, closing the room's door behind her. As soon as Maha was out of the room, Yusra hit the play button. Ah sweet drama.

The Korean drama obsession had begun since she watched the first show of hers, Hotel Del Luna and now, she was craving for more. It's almost like I am on drugs, honestly. But better. Granted that she bawled her eyes out for CEO Jang and her love, she still loved it nonetheless. And this love of hers caused her to have raccoon eyes in the following morning.

"Are you quite sure you are alright, Yusra?" her father asked her for the nth time, looking skeptical about his daughter's condition. Yusra smiled at him while eating cheerios and milk.

I know what you are thinking Abbi. I swear I am not on drugs, It's just Korean dramas!

****

Ta-dah!

How are you guys? 

Do stay indoors and safe. :)

Also: Please excuse all errors in this chapter. It's been a rough time lately. haha. 

| R - C - V |

xx,

-Aalihha.