My escape ~ Chapter 21

I wake up to a door slamming. But I can't stand up. The hammering in my head made it hard to even think, so I know I won't be able to stand up.

I open my eyes to see Brock standing over me. The bright light was blinding and felt like it was going to make my head explode.

"I have a special room prepared for you. Follow me," he said, while proceeding to walk away.

"I can't get up. I can't," I said, my voice sounding scratchy.

"What do you mean? Just get up," he says, acting like it is the easiest thing to do.

"Jordan, I really cannot stand up."

" What did you just call me?" he asks, anger appearing behind his features.

"Ummm Brock?" I say,  although it comes out more of a question.

"Nora, I will not ask you one more time. Get up because I do not carry people like that pathetic Jordan wimp would do," he says.

This just angers me and fuels me to get up. I hold on to the arm of the couch Like my life depended on it.

"What did you just call Jordan?" I ask, getting angry.

"A wimp. Now follow me," he says, turning around and walking away.

I look around and see a vase on the coffee table. That is just perfect for what I want to do.

I pick it up and hurl it at his head as hard as I possibly can. It hits Brock and shatters, but he stays standing. For a moment I thought he was going to turn around and run at me or lock me up or something.

But then he hits the ground, smacking his head roughly on the hard ground.

Relief hit me. I was safe for a little bit. Long enough to escape.

I rush to the kitchen as fast I can go without getting dizzy. I open many cupboards looking for pain medicine.

The last cupboard has stocks of it. I pop a few in my mouth and wash them down with tap water. I open the fridge, grab the first thing I see, and apple, and run out the door.

As soon as I run out, I see a forest. I rush into it while biting into the sweet apple.

After a while, I find myself just stumbling through the trees and brush. Sharp jaggers slicing my skin open, adding to the blood all over me.

It starts getting dark out and I know I'm not finding any shelter soon. So, I do what anyone would do, or I think they would. I climb a tree and try to sleep, half aware that I could fall out at any moment.

I gaze up at the sky, seeing no stars. It will probably rain tomorrow, I think. That means I have to find shelter quickly after I wake up.

As I'm left in the silence, all I could think of was that I felt like Katniss in The Hunger Games. I went to sleep laughing.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Thank you so much for reading. It means a lot. Please do not forget to vote and comment. If you would like to, please follow me.

This book currently has 193 votes, if it gets to 215, I will do a really long update.