🌊Ep.15: The Deep End🌊

Start from the beginning

It didn't take long for us to reach the pool, a few people already around. It was a lot more peaceful than I had expected, which I didn't mind whatsoever.

As we walked in, Mabel spread her arms with a smile. "Ah, the pool! Sparkling oasis of summer enchantment!"

"Yeah, nothing like sitting in a moist tub with strangers." Stan replied, killing the mood. "It's like the bus, but wet."

I looked around, my eyes soon landing on Soos's towel as I grew confused. "Why would a sun need to wear sunglasses?"

"It's best not to think about it."

"It's just part of the design, no need to get all nerd mode about it." (y/n) let out a chuckle.

I glared at her. "Nerd mode?!"

"Woah, woah, woah!!! Stop the presses!!! Who's that...?!?" We all turned to whoever Mabel was pointing.

I rolled my eyes. Great, here we go again, another crush of the week.

"Leo's here?!?" I heard (y/n) ask in surprise.

"Who?!" We all asked as we turned to turned to her.

"Leonardo Jackson, he's a family friend, I've known him since we were in diapers! I haven't seen him in forever!"

"Really? There's a rumor that says dude never leaves the pool! People say he's a... mysterious loner.." Soos explained.

"... is it getting hot in here or is it just that guy...?!?" She waved her hands for some air.

I was having none of it. "It's the hottest day of the year, Mabel. Besides, can't you go for one week without having a new crush on some random guy?"

"Uh-uh!" She let out a gasp. "Look at his purple fringe!!"

(y/n) chuckled a bit, starting to walk over. "C'mon, I'll introduce you."

"Yay!!! You're the best, (y/n)!!!"

With that, they both left, and I let out a sigh of frustration. "Eh, Mabel's all talk. Wanna know a secret? She's never even kissed a guy before. She always messes it up somehow."

"Oi, women." Stan complained, but let out a yell as something splashed on his face.

"Hey, Mr. Pines!!!"

"Wendy? Where's the life guard?"

"I am the life guard! I make the rules, sucka!! "Boosh!!!" She threw another water balloon at him, both of us laughing as he ran away.

I looked up at her. "Wow, you work here?"

"I found out lifeguards get free snack privileges! Plus I get the best seat in the house!"

"Yeah you do!!!" I was only meant to laugh for a little bit, but I ended up forcing myself to stop, whispering to myself in shame. "I've been laughing for too long...!"

Soos kneeled down to my level. "Dude, are you and Wendy having a secret starring contest because I think your winning."

I shushed him before looking at her again. "So hey, you want to shuck more water balloons at Grunkle Stan?"

"I'd love to, but I got to spend the day doing tryouts. We're looking for a new assistant lifeguard!"

"Hey!" I cleared his throat. "Hey, what if I was assistant lifeguard?"

"That would be so much fun!! You're totally in!!" She threw a rescue can at me as I smiled. But it soon grew into a look of panic. "You just have to check in with my boss first, Mr. Poolcheck."