Caught Chp. 5

CHAPTER FIVE-JASON

"Alllll Abbbboooard?" Leo hollers. I climb up the ramp to the Argo II. "We're all here." Piper shouts. Piper? "Piper, you're coming?" I ask. She rolls her eyes. "Duh! I'm not going to let you go alone. Annabeth and Percy are coming too."

"Thanks a lot. You guys don't need to..." I say as Annabeth and Percy clamber onboard. They shake their heads simultaneously. "One shouldn't go on a quest on their own." Annabeth says wisely, in that stern "I'm-the-daughter-of-Athena-so- shut-up-and-get-moving-or-I'll-pulverize-you" tone. "I agree." Piper chimes. I nod at them all appreciatively. "I don't deserve you guys as friends. Thanks for supporting me." I resound humbly. Leo comes on the main deck. "Hey Sparky. Sorry about Reyna. We'll find her. We first need to locate the monsters. Annabeth, I'll need your help." he says immediately. They disappear below deck and Percy follows them. Piper awkwardly paces the port. "Want to talk about something?" she asks finally. I shrug. "It's just so... Well... Confusing? Why would a manticore want Reyna? And how did they get into the boundaries?" Piper sighs. "I don't know. I wish I did. Annabeth is probably mad that she doesn't know. Maybe she has a clue though." she adds thoughtfully. Annabeth bursts onto the deck. "Leo needs you Jason." she pants a bit. "Coming." I hurdle after her with Piper close behind. "Hey Sparky. Did you know you're girlfriend has been moved to Germany?" Leo says as I enter the room. I feel Piper tense behind me. I shake my head. "Why would that manticore take her to Deutschland?" I ask, using my limited language skills. He shrugs. "Dunno Jason. I just know she's there. My Mtracker told me that there was a manticore, a dracnae, and a cyclops there. In some city I can't pronounce. What was it Annabeth?" She sighs exasperatedly. "Baden-Wüttemburg. In Schwarzwald, otherwise known as the Black Forest."

"What's an Mtracker?" Piper asks. Leo grins slyly. "A Monster Tracker. They detect their scents. Quite interesting actually. And they tell you the exact location of them."

"Cool." she says and stares out of the windows.

"Why don't we eat." Annabeth finally suggests. We all nod in agreement. "Chef Leo is already prepared! Who likes Vietnamese?" Leo says cheerfully.

"Huh?" Piper says confusedly.

"Umm, food from Vietnam, duh!" Leo smirks teasingly. We all head towards the dining room. I sit down at the head. Leo puts a plate down in front of all of us. I poke my food around and then excuse my self. "Not hungry." I walk to Reyna's room, which Leo has prepared for our way back. It has deep purple drapery covering a large, rounded-on-top window that reveals endless clouds and sky. I trace the paneling and look at the ceiling. It's a small dome, with another view of the sky. Leo gave her the ultimate comfort zone. Hopefully not in vain. I look at her gilded gold, queen sized bed and plop down on the bench in front of it. I rub my feet on the smooth, polished and waxed wooden floor and look at the columns and plasma flatscreen TV in front of me. I go back out the engraved SPQR double doors and walk to my own SPQR room and fall asleep on my bed.

I shouldn't have. All I got were bad dreams.