Chapter 51 -- Tailed Beast Chakra Training Cont.

Start from the beginning

"I sensed the Nine Tails' chakra!" Naruto barks, and I cower again as he sends a glare at me. "So did she-- I know it. Is that related somehow?"

Shibi just stares at me and I just grasp onto Naruto's sleeve. "Oh, yeah. The creature seems to possess the Nine Tails' chakra. I guess there were others like the Nine Tails here. We can't afford to let you out and rile up the Nine Tails inside you. That's why we want you to stay inside and lay low." Iruka explains.

"Is that why Captain Yamato hasn't come back?" Naruto questions. My gaze steels once again. What did happen to him? I raise my head and sending a questioning look.

"Yeah, where is he?" I ask aloud.

"The Wood Style works best to suppress the Nine Tails' chakra." Shibi explains.

"Then why not send me? Since I can use it too. Yamato is needed with Naruto." I snap.

"We thought you were better prepared to handle the Nine Tails' chakra." Iruka mentions. "Now, come on. Let's go back inside."

"If those animals are running amuck, I'll suppress them." Naruto states as he gets into a different stance. "Let me check them out!" The fishiness was too much. I was supposed to keep Naruto here with Yamato. They know my wood style is not suited to Naruto's Nine Tails' chakra. Somethings happened with Yamato. And I needed to know. Following Naruto's lead, the two of us break through the water fall with relative ease. Landing on the opposite side of the water, Naruto stops short and I bounce away a couple of steps.

"All right! I have him restrained with Shadow Possession!" One of the Nara shinobi barks. "Ren, please, return to the inner chambers!"

I nearly collapse to my knees as I sense every single chakra signature working diligently. The wars already gotten this bad-- they should've at least used our power! Even if it is to protect the tailed beasts, our forces are going down, fast! But one image makes my entire body freeze. My mother has tears running down her face as she cuts down shinobi from the Yukimura. Lord Touma is shedding tears as well. Even Reo is.

"W-What's going on?" Naruto questions. "Why is this happening?!"

"It's war."  Iruka simply states. "Madara is waging war on us."

"Hey, Iruka! You--" Shibi tries to stop him.

"Shibi, let's stop lying." Iruka says calmly. "Naruto isn't stupid. We should tell him the truth and try to make him see where we're coming from."

"My comrades are fighting and going through hell... Why are you keeping all this from me?" Naruto barks.

"This is a war to protect you." Iruka snapped. "Madara launched a full-scale assault. In order to capture Nine Tails, Eight Tails, and Ten Tails inside you, Killer Bee, and Ren. If he succeeds in getting the last three Tailed Beasts, his jutsu will be complete, and this world will end! Protecting you two, means protecting the future, and protecting everyone. Everyone is putting their lives on the line. They are fighting to protect you two. We only told Ren everything, and had her swear to secrecy, to ensure she kept you inside. Naruto, your battle is with yourself. This is where you must endure it."

"I was told I would be given updates," I snap lowly. "I was told, I'd be kept in the loop-- those were my agreements when I met with Lady Tsunade after that meeting."

"Why don't we go inside, and discuss this further, please." Iruka pleaded.

"No." I barked. "We'll stop this war by ourselves."

"We'll take on all the hatred and the pain. This is our duty." Naruto explained firmly.

"Haven't you been listening?! You two have the Nine and Ten tails inside you! This isn't only about you, two!" Iruka barked.