Chapter 8 -- Sasori Of The Red Sand

~*****~

Quicker than the eye could see, Itachi used Phoenix Flower and Giant Fire Ball jutsu's, causing Sakura, Lady Chiyo, and Naruto to take cover. I burst from the tree line with the lightning blade crackling in my palm. "Lightning Blade!" I shoved my arm forward, but Itachi leapt out of the way at the last minute. Naruto came from above with his Rasengan. He got a what looked like a direct hit, and I really hoped he did. "Naruto!" I called out through the dust.

Itachi stood just outside the crater, unharmed. "No wonder Sasuke hated him so much," I muttered to myself. I shook my head and clasped my hands together. "Hidden Mist Jutsu..."

The air around me, and through the forest began to fill with thick, dense mist. I opened my eyes, and every detail was suddenly crystal clear. Ameonna's voice echoed through my head. "Even with the Sharingan, the boy will not see us as we maneuver through the mist-- we are in our element, so take the chance, and strike him down."

"Kakashi! Can we please stop this childish game of hide and seek?" Itachi calls out.

He quickly leapt out of the way as I appeared behind him with my leg cocked upwards. My heel crushed against the earth and I grinned. "Wasn't his jutsu, but I suppose we can stop playing." I mention. He's quick, and lets loose another powerful, fireball jutsu. I sink into the earth quickly, and move in closer. I jump out, and nearly get him in the chin. Grasping my arm, and the back of my neck, I hold his arm tightly as we gaze at each other. I narrow my eyes threateningly.

"Impressive, I see Kakashi taught you well." Itachi mentioned softly. "The Yukimura have always been hailed as impervious to Genjutsu, especially one as powerful as my Sharingan."

"Naruto, now!" I exclaim as long tentacles burst from my back, and grasp at Itachi's limbs. "I'll be fine!"

"I'm on it!" Naruto shouted with his clone. "Giant Rasengan!" The swirling ball of chakra hits Itachi in the side, and rips the skin from my arm before I can get away. I leapt away a few paces and fell to one knee as I grasped at my arm.

"Incredible," I breathed out. "He's made it his own..." Just as I let out a breath, I grasp at my arm with a hiss again. My palm begins to glow green as I stand upwards to heal my arm. I approached the body where Naruto stood, and gasped. "What's with his face?"

"I knew there was something off...." Kakashi mentioned softly.

"I don't get it." Naruto breathed out. "What the heck just happened?"

"It has to be some kind of jutsu." Sakura murmured.

"But that man...." Chiyo shuttered.

"Lady Chiyo, do you know who this person is?" Kakashi asks.

She nods. "I do... His name is Yura, and he's a Jonin from our own village."

"A Sand Shinobi?" I gasp. "What does this mean?"

"I wish I knew..." Chiyo said. "Poor fool... He went missing after Gaara was abducted while the village was still in disarray."

"Is it possible he was a spy for the Akatsuki?" Sakura asks.

"No... He served on the council for four years." Chiyo rejected the idea.

I flexed my arm slightly as the new skin on my arm tightens over my muscles. "The Fireball Jutsu was created by the Uchiha Clan," I mentioned as I glanced at Kakashi. "It's their specialty. That attack was the real thing."

~*****~

"Just as I thought. They were clearly trying to stall for time." Chiyo hummed.

"That's an impressive jutsu they've got." Kakashi mentioned.