Chapter 16

Even though Blue had explained why he was 'gone' for an entire month, and the reason was perfectly justified, Dream still insisted to basically spend the entire day with him to make up for lost time. In his and Error's house, with Killer being dragged along by his new, clingy but caring, boyfriend. Since the night of the ball, which was two weeks ago, the Guardian hadn't left him alone(other than when the day ended so they could both go to sleep in their separate houses). Although Killer seemed pretty happy with the newfound attention from the other, you could tell that even he wanted a little time to himself every now and then without Dream literally clinging onto his arm like a child or him calling him every five minutes. When Error confronted him about it, he admitted that he was too scared to tell Dream that he wants some alone time, afraid that he'll get the wrong idea. He left them alone in that sense for the time being.

So, as promised, Dream showed up at their door early in the morning. So early in fact, that it was 4:32 am, meaning Blue was still asleep and Error just returned back home from quickly and discreetly destroying an AU as to not wake Ink as he honestly didn't want to deal with that crap so early in the morning. What could he say? Old habits die hard.

He cracked open the door to see the new couple standing at the door. One was vibrating like a temmie in excitement, the other looking they were going to pass out from exhaustion. I'm sure you know which was which.

Error opened the door completely, rubbing his eye sockets with his other hand. "Oh! Hello Error! Why are you in a towel???" Dream said, noticing Error's attire but not the tired yet agitated glare he gave him. "I. Was. Showering." He bent down so he could stare at the smaller right in the sockets. "Care to explain why you're both knocking at my door at four in the morning?" Dream wanted to ask why Error was taking a shower at such an odd time, but Killer covered his mouth before he could ask. "Dream wanted to come over to catch up with Blue for the day and he pulled me out of bed against my will to join him," Killer groaned. "At four in the morning???" Error asked in disbelief. "I warned him now was not a good time." "Well, Blue's still asleep! Go home and come back at a reasonable hour! Please!"

Dream understood where Error was coming from. He had simply finished all of his work early tonight, and thought it was proper, everyone's-awake-by-now morning, and didn't really stop at any point during the trip here to think otherwise in all honesty. But even then, Blue didn't use to really sleep much, so visits so early in the morning from the Positivity Guardian weren't uncommon for Blue, as Dream always got bored and he never had any time on his hands to talk with him.

    He heard of Blue's...brother problems from Ink a while ago. He shamed himself beyond what was healthy for one's mental state for never noticing, or even questioning Blue's ways. He never questioned the scars on his upper arms, never questioned why he never slept at night. Why he'd always disappear for short periods of time, or why he hides under his bed sometimes. Why Blue always stayed with Ink and him for times longer than normal or necessary, and always looked scared at the thought of going home, so he always tried to make excuses as to why he should stay for just five more minutes. And then he grew distant, his emotions becoming blank and eerie. Never as happy as he used to be. He originally thought it was because of his kidnapping, but now, that clearly wasn't the case. Error treated him well, better than he ever did. He hated himself for not noticing Blue's suffering. Not noticing Blue shrivelling up and rotting right in front of him.

Some things never change...

But in a way, spending time with Blue now, and listening to him, you know, like a good friend, was Dream's way of saying "I'm so sorry. Sorry beyond comprehension. Beyond any words in the English language that I could possibly string together." Like with his brother. He wished he could just...take it all back. But you can't. He knows that better than anyone.