Chapter 35 (Pt. 1)

!WARNING! This chapter contains:

- Panic attack
- Hallucinations(?)

Horror looked back at Blue for the hundredth time, before nodding to himself and looking back out at the vast white to be sure there's no one else around. The two of them had been walking together to try and find someone, or anything other than the eye-straining 'everything at once' the Anti-Void was fabled to be, something that stood out. Anything at all that might be able to help them.

Blue was sitting cross-legged, trying to create a unique burst of magic, whatever that meant. He remembered Error telling the story of how he got out of the Anti-Void by creating an odd burst of magic in his hands, making those one-way windows he uses. Then, after experimenting for a while, he was able to make such a strong yet strange burst of code break through the thick barrier separating the Anti-Void from the vast Universes he was able to look into. He knew his attempts at getting out could be fruitless in the end; Error was much stronger than him in terms of magic. He was very skilled in the art of teleportation magic, being the only monster in the Multiverse to be able to create a one-way portal that no one else could see or sense. Even with those unmatched expectations, Blue has found his magic becoming out of control as of late, and he wasn't too sure what was causing it. His magic is stronger now for some reason as well. He kind of wished he knew what he did to make it like this, so he could've tried it back when he lived with...

Stretch. It's been a while since he's even seen his brother. Were they okay with each other? Things ended off well-ish, right? He couldn't remember. It hurt. He didn't even know why he felt hurt thinking about the days where he lived with his brother. Why he wanted to go back to the times prior to Error, and even prior to the resets. Where he could happily be himself, and Stretch was happy too.

Thinking about it made him feel stupid for really believing at the time things could stay that way forever.

The voices that haunted him back when he was imprisoned here were coming back already. He really hated this darned Anti-Void. But even beneath those horrid voices, he heard a loud, yet soft one that he's never heard before. It was nothing but mumbling to him, though he couldn't quite hear it. Destiny, if you're there, he prayed, please help Horror and I to leave this hell. Please.

   ...

   TG9vayBmb3IgdGhlIGRhcmtuZXNzIGluIHRoaXMgbGlnaHQuIEZpbmQgaXQsIEJsdWUu, he heard. It was hard to understand under all that code, but he heard it clear as day. "Horror, we should keep going." He turned to face Blue again. "yyoouu...ssssssuuurrreeeee??" Blue nodded, "Yes, what we're looking for isn't here. We have to keep walking." Horror asked what Blue was looking for exactly. "I'm not sure yet. But it'll stand out to us, I know it. I know Destiny is watching over us, Horror."

And watching, she certainly was.

Meanwhile, Killer was walking down the old dirt street that was still severed thanks to that strange earthquake a while ago. He was going to visit Dust again, since everyone else was so busy. He knew his friend needed support that no one else was giving, so he supposed it was up to him. They both had to support each other, because as much as he hated to admit it, he and Dust were too un-godly to really help out without becoming nuisances. They both have to sit here and do nothing until the others figure it all out, and knowing that really tarnished his pride.

"Hey, Dust," Killer greeted as he entered the house. "I came to check on you. How are you feeling?" Dust sighed. He still had that old, tarnished bracket wrapped around him, but at least he was still on the couch and not the floor. He curled into it, "yeah, I'm fine I guess. I'm trying not to think about it, you know?" Killer stared at him solemnly. Dust's situation was always a little sad to him, with him killing his own brother and seeing a twisted ghost version of him and all, but this? Life was unfair. Killer shut the door behind him. "You don't mind some company, do you? My house is pretty empty too, and I miss the noise.." He asked. Dust turned to him, and Killer could still see heavy bags beneath his eye sockets. Killer spoke, "erm..what have you been doing today?"