7. We're Even Now

Start from the beginning

            Clarke fell on the real ground, while the ground I fell onto collapsed beneath me. Bellow me was rows of sharpened spikes, ready to end me. A strong hand caught mine, I looked up to see Bellamy. He could drop me, make it seem like an accident. But instead his eyes softened, and he struggled to pull me up.

            Beads of sweat collected of his forehead, from this position his little curls were covering his forehead, and his arm was flexed showing me just how muscular he really is. If I wasn't about to die I would have gawked at him more, but the reality was one small slip and I'm a goner.

            Eventually the other boys began to help, but Bellamy still had a grip on me. A hand holding my wrist, and another touching my waist. I looked up at him, suddenly feeling flustered, his face was close to mine. I could feel his hot breath fall onto my face, and something about that made me weak.

            "Are you okay?" He asks with genuine concern filling his voice, any other time I would have teased him or questioned it, but right now he was so attractive I was struggling to stand.

            The only response I can muster is a nod. We stood there for a moment, but I eventually pulled away from him. I had to focus on Jasper.

            "We need to cut him down." I announce to everyone, beginning to climb up the tree myself.

            "I'll climb up there and cut the vines." Finn follows my lead.

            "Yeah, yeah, I'm with you."

            "No. Stay with Clarke and Elliot" I say then shift my gaze to Bellamy, "And watch him."

            "You." Finn said referring to Murphy, "Let's go."

            I was already at the top, standing in front of Jasper while Finn and Murphy argued about who was coming up first. I began examining his wound, it should be worse but there was medicine over his wound. Why would they help him after hurting him? Why not just kill him?

"Clarke, there's a poultice on his wound." I say disbelief still coming from my voice.

"Medicine?" Wells asks coming closer to Clarke, "Why would they save his life just to string him up as live bait?"

"Maybe what they're trying to catch likes its dinner to be breathing." Bellamy mutters with a roll of his eyes.

"Maybe what they're trying to catch is us."

We all stop for a moment to consider the very real possibility. They could have set this up just to kill us, but wouldn't they have done it by now? The boys eventually get up to the top of the tree and start cutting him down. While I sat idly by on a branch waiting for them to be done.

"Hurry up, Murphy." I heard Finn mutter.

"You hurry up." He mutters back.

I roll my eyes, but freeze once I hear a distant growling and something moving through the brush. I quickly stand holding onto the branch in looking for what it was.

"What the hell was that?" Murphy asks looking around.

"Grounders?"

I shake my head as I watch a black panther make its way towards us. It stops for a minute before charging towards Bellamy and Elliot.

"Bellamy, gun!" I yell.

I watch him reach for it but he doesn't have it. My eyes widen at the sudden realization. We could die. My thoughts were cut short as Wells begins firing the gun he took from Bellamy. I can't decide whether that was smart or stupid, because Wells had no idea how to shoot.

I could tell he injured it by the way the cat skidded across the ground. The only problem was it disappeared in the brush. Bellamy kept Elliot behind him, and they both looked around frantically, trying to find the beast.

My knife. It's the first thing that pops into my head. Wells is most likely out of bullets or close to it. I pull out my knife and slowly get down from the tree. I get ready to throw it, Elliot and I had been practicing on our way here. I saw it leap out from the brush, and I threw my knife as hard as I could, just as Wells fired another shot. The knife was lodged in the armpit, severing a major artery and killing it almost instantly.

Wells fires a few more times but he's all out of bullets. I walk closer pull the knife out of the cat. Bellamy watches me with careful eyes.

"I guess we're even now." I breathe.

He nods before looking over at Wells. I follow his gaze and see Clarke clinging to his side, maybe that's why he took his gun. Not to keep it from Bellamy, but to make Clarke notice him. Elliot took her place beside me, tucking her knife away.

"Now she see you."

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

Dammit I forgot to update again... I'm sorry. I know I suck, please bear with me.

Also I'm sorry but the chapters are going to be relatively short for the next...many chapters...

¯\_()_/¯

I know I'm a horrible person who forgets to update and when I do I give you guys really really short chapters. I wish I had better news.

Anyway, I hope you like the update. Let me know what you think please vote and leave as many comments as you like.

Question Time: what's your favorite thing about Lacey or Elliot?

Random Question Time: who's excited for teen wolf tonight???

I know I am, see you in the next chapter!

•callie•