CHAPTER 11

18th Nov, 2316
                                   6:03 am

Mason's POV
                The beeping sound of my alarm clock dragged me back to the land of the living. I switched it off, swung my legs to the floor and buried my face in my hands. I gave a yawn and raked my left hand through my hair and studied my room. Everything was intact, nothing out of place (thanks Rob). I thought about the tasks I had at hand today and cringed inwardly. School.
                I wasn't mentally ready for that yet. Yeah, sure I was perfectly fine, nothing was wrong with me but, I just wasn't ready for noisy classrooms, annoying teachers and droids, assignments and projects, friends (I know, I know I still love them and all but please, everyone deserves a break from them once in a while).
                    Mr. Rey said it was okay if I didn't want to go but mom, oh mom, she almost bit my head off. According to her, if I could stay up all night watching movies with Sophie and Daphne then, I could do anything.
                   I got up and walked over to my e-dresser (I keep wondering who named these things) and grabbed the tablet. I selected my school uniform which was a short sleeved white shirt, grey pants, a gold and black pin with the emblem of my school, black loafers with white ankle socks and I paired it with a dark grey hoodie and a dark grey beanie.

                 As I still contemplated with my choice, I heard my door open and my head snapped to the direction. It was mom. She had a water gun in her hand and she looked ready for whatever mischief she was planning. I smirked and crept up slowly behind her as she walked quietly to my bed. She dropped the gun slowly to her side as she saw my bed empty. She turned around and a terrified scream left her lips as she saw me behind her. She pulled her water gun in front of her, squirted quickly, drenching me.

"Mom! It's me!" I shouted as water poured on me.

                    Her brown eyes dimmed in recognition and she sighed in relief. Then she glared at me.

"How could you?! You nearly scared the coffee out of me!" she scolded as she smacked the side of my head with her hand.

"Ouch! Well, that didn't hurt at all!" I said rubbing my head in pain. "You wanted to drench me in my sleep." I continued, giving her a playful glare.

                      She jutted her chin out in defiance.

"Well in my defence, I thought you needed a pre-shower." she said as she folded her arms across her chest.

"Pre-shower?!" I exclaimed.

She giggled and covered her mouth quickly.

"It worked didn't it?" she asked, smirking.

"Oh, better watch your back mom cos, Mason Hill is after you now." I said, feigning seriousness.

                    She brought her hand to her chest in mock horror.

"Oh no! What do I do?! I'm so scared!" she said, eyes wide in fake fear.

"You better be." I said.

                        The door barged open and Rob came in, battle ready. His grey eyes scanned the room and he relaxed.

"Good heavens, Amy I thought you were in trouble." he said in annoyance.

                    He straightened himself to his full height and adjusted his grey uniform.

"I'm so sorry Rob. It was his fault, he scared me." Mom said, glaring at me.

"You wanted to drench me in my sleep!"