CHAPTER 17

19th Nov., 2316
06:06 am
Mason's POV

                        I found myself in a forest. Everywhere was chilly and my teeth chattered as I shivered. I was running, running like my life depended on it but, I didn't have a clue about what I was running away from. I abruptly stopped. Then I heard a voice whisper my name harshly.

"Mason!"

                    My head snapped towards the direction of the voice but, all I saw was darkness and the silhouettes of trees. The wind picked up and the leaves and branches of the trees rustled against themselves. The moon was hidden tonight behind the dark clouds of the night.

"Mason!"

                       Again, my head kept turning, looking for the source of the voice. I heard dry leaves rustle and the snap of wood. I turned quickly and my eyes met the silhouette of a female. She grabbed my arm.

"What's wrong with you?! Let's go!" she whispered harshly. She pulled me forward and I resisted. Her body slammed against my chest and she let out a groan.

"Sorry," I apologized, "what are we doing?" I asked confused.

She looked up at me and I assumed she gave me a look of surprise.

"We can joke later, right now we need to go." she said.

"Go where?" I asked, confusion clear in my voice.

She stepped away from me, in shock.

"You have got to be kidding me," she muttered under her breath, "Mason are you serious right now?"

"Look, I don't understand what's going on, I was just sitting on a couch and now I'm running from what I don't know, so please -" I said as she grabbed by my face. Her touch sent chills down my spine. She looked me right in the eye.

"Mason, snap out of it please, we need to go. Now." she pleaded. The moonlight finally made its way to the woods as the clouds receded.

Her eyes were a brilliant blue and she had beautiful red hair that was all over the place.

"Who are you?" I asked.

The look on her face was nearly killed me. It was so sad, even I felt bad for her.

She began to shake me.

"I'm not giving up on you, snap out of it! Mason, wake up!"

I struggled against her but she didn't stop.

"Mason, wake up!"

                   My eyes flew open and met emerald green eyes instead. I sat up and came face to face with Sophie. She gave a sigh and rolled her eyes.

"Jesus, you're a really deep sleeper. It's time to get ready for school." she said. Her dirty blonde hair was a mess and she wore white sweatpants and a black sweatshirt. She rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"Where am I?" I asked, a bit confused, "I was on the couch watching TV."

"Look around you idiot, you're in your room in my house. Gideon carried you here after you fell asleep on the couch." she said.

"She carried me?! Again?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, yes she did. Now, get over it and get ready."

"Seems like someone woke up at the wrong side of the bed." I smirked, studying her. She waved me off.