T E N [1]

I feel like I am too poetic to fall in love, yet I am too tired to be in love.

TEN: NEW ENCOUNTERS & BEAUTIFUL EYES

Recap

The ceiling was high, too high, and the entire hall was kissed in golden, silver, and cream colors. Massive chandeliers were hung and there were beautiful statues placed randomly in the hall. I won't say it was flooded with people because I didn't look like it. Either just the close ones were invited or the hall was too big to settle in my head, hence confusing me. You tell which one.

My eyes roamed around. They met a familiar pair of orbs and suddenly we were alone in the room.

Now

MY EYES WERE cast to his and they didn't even blink once, nor did his. Slowly, my eyes skimmed down to his attire, a cole-black Armani suit, and royal blue tie, just like my dress.

A little smile tugged at my face. As my eyes lifted up to his face, I caught him checking me out with slightly expanded eyeballs. Smirking, I took one step forward and he mirrored me as our eyes met again, my heart skipped a beat. Then two, three, four-

"Aurellia, you are here!" Before I could turn around or even blink, I was pulled into a lung collapsing hug. I held the black coat material of Christian's coat, patting it twice as a smile broke out on my face.

"You look ravishing!" He complimented and then I was again pulled into another hug and it too squeezed the life out of me but this person had a feminine scent.

Pulling back, the first thing I noticed was a jaw-dropping genuine smile. A heart-shaped face, slender nose, blond hair, and sculpted jawline.

"I have heard so much about you. And I would be lying if I say that they were exaggerating. You are indeed so stunning." She spoke in fluent English with a base of the Irish accent.

"Um... Sorry I didn't catch your name." I spoke hesitantly, twitching my eyes.

"Cause I didn't throw it. Haha silly me. Where are my manners now? I am Rohanna Sinclair-"

"Soon to be Mrs. Raymond." Completed Christian, pulling her to him and we all chucked. So this is Christian's girlfriend!

"Oh, it's a pleasure meeting you. And I love your dress." She wore an attractive peach-colored dress, covered in glitters and lace, ending past her knees with matching high heels. Though she looked good three inches shorter to me.

"Not to mention, yours nice too!" She beamed.

"Then don't mention it." I smiled.

"Oh God, and if you guys are done with your girly talks then someone can talk to me too please," Christian complained.

"But now I want my fiancée to myself so please excuse us." Came the deep voice from behind me and I held my breath for a second.

Turning around, I see his left hand held out, and instantly my eyes lift up in confusion.

A second passes and I feel the air around us change. I wrapped my fingers around his long ones, as warmth engulfed me. He curled his fingers around my thin ones, and suddenly I was walking with him. A group of businessmen and women stood in front of us, groomed formally, yet according to the event.

Time to turn on acting mode!

"Aurellia, this is Davien Hobson, my very close associate and he owns one of the biggest banks in the nation. You would be getting to see him a lot, in our company." He extends his hand as I slip my on top of him as he gives a firm shake. "Aurellia Hargrave." I said with a nod and he replied with a 'pleasure to meet you'.