chapter twenty-one

(Wednesday, 21st, December, 1988)

TODAY WAS THE DAY THAT EVERYONE WAS GOING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS AND CAITLIN COULDN'T WAIT.

Caitlin got out of the infirmary a week ago and Madam Pomfrey wanted her to stay another while in the infirmary but Caitlin felt like she was getting better.

Right now Caitlin was with Charlie as they sat in the giffendor common room. Caitlin laid in Charlie's lap as his hand went through her long locks.

"What do you want for Christmas?" Caitlin asked her boyfriend who smiled "for you to stop getting hurt" Caitlin then hit his chest as Charlie let out a laugh.

"Not funny" Caitlin grumbled as Charlie kissed her lips "I know I'm sorry" he told her as she smiled and got up off of his lap.

"But I'm serious" Caitlin said as Charlie looked at her "so am I" he told her "I just want you to be safe, I wouldn't know what to do if you weren't safe" Caitlin smiled and kissed him.

"I'll try to be a bit safer" she said as Charlie looked at her "promise?" he asked as Caitlin held out her pinky while Charlie was confused.

"You have to wrap your pinky around mine so that I can't break that promise" Caitlin explains softly and Charlie nodded his head. His pinky wrapped around hers.

"Are you going to come over for Christmas?" Charlie asked and Caitlin nodded her head. "If I can get away" she joked as Charlie looked at her.

"I love you" he told her. Caitlin sat back a bit as Charlie was starting to freak out. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said tha–"

Caitlin then brought him in for a sweet kiss and when she broke away she looked him in the eyes.
"I love you as well."

Relief filled Charlie. He knew that one day he was going to marry Caitlin, even if she didn't know it just yet.

The two then cuddled for a while before Caitlin and to go back to her dorm so that she could go home tomorrow.

A smile was plastered on her lips and it stayed on her face all night. As she got back into the hufflepuff doom she walked into her room that she shared with Tonks.

"Well someone is happy" Tonks said as Caitlin nodded her head. "He told me that he loved me" Caitlin explained as Tonks started to squeal. "Seriously?!" she yelled and quickly got up off of her bed.

"And what did you say?"

"I told him that I loved him as well" Caitlin said as Tonks looked at her "when's the wedding?" Tonks asked as Caitlin laughed "not for another few years" Caitlin said as Tonks looked at her.

"So you can see your future with him?"

Caitlin looked at her best friend "yeah, I do" she said while smiling as Tonks squealed even louder. "Alright woman let's get to bed before you wake up the whole dormitory" Caitlin said as she got up to go to the bathroom.

"How can I sleep now?" Tonks asked as she got into her bed. "I mean you love him. You can see your future with him and I'm here lonely!" Tonks faked cried into her pillow.

"You will find someone" Caitlin said and got into her bed. "Goodnight Tonks."

"Night," Tonks said as the light was turned off but Caitlin couldn't sleep, Charlie loved her and that is all that she could ever think about.

————

"Caitlin get up!" Tonks yelled as she hit Caitlin with her pillow. Caitlin then woke up and glared at Tonks. "Five more minutes" she mumbled and sunk back into her pillows.

Tonks sighed and pulled back the blanket and pushed Caitlin out of bed. "We have to get ready!" Caitlin sighed and got up. "That hurt by the way" Caitlin mumbled pass Tonks who laughed.

"Not funny!" Caitlin yelled as she brushed her teeth and did her hair, next she put on her normal clothes and opened the door.

She grabbed her suitcase and asked Tonks what she was doing for Christmas. She smiled as she sat down at the hufflepuff  table and started to eat breakfast.

Charlie and Bill walked over and sat beside the two. Charlie sat beside Caitlin and Bill sat beside Tonks. "Hey, Cat" Charlie said and kissed her temple. Caitlin blushes and smiled at him.

"Did you sleep good?" Caitlin asked as Charlie smiled "of course I did, I dreamed about you" Charlie whispers the last part to Caitlin who was redder than the colour of Chalires robes.

Tonks started to laugh her ass off and Bill chuckles. Ryan then comes over to sit beside Caitlin. "You ready to go home?" Ryan asked as Caitlin nodded her head.

"I think it would give mum and dad a break from seeing us in the infirmary" Caitlin joked as Ryan looked at his sister "you know what, it would" Ryan said.

"So what is everyone doing for Christmas?" Tonks asked as Caitlin looked at her brother. "Well I think your coming over for Christmas, aren't you?" Caitlin asked Tonks who nodded her head. "Yeah, probably" she said as she munched on some toast.

"Your mum makes a mean fry in the morning" Tonks said as she starts to drool and Caitlin laughed. "Mum said that your family is welcomed to visit ours" Charlie said.

"But with the twins it's alright if you don't" Caitlin smiled and kissed his cheek "I'm sure that I can go to your house" Caitlin said as Ryan looked at her "I'm going as well" Caitlin looked at her brother "I've went many times on my own" Ryan stared at her "don't care" he told her and went back to his food.

Caitlin sighed "brothers" she said as she faced palmed.

———

Break went well and they are on the train to the platform. In the train cart was Caitlin, Charlie, Tonks and Ryan.

Soon Fred and George made an appearance. "Hey Charlie" they said together and looked at each other "stop that!" They said again and started to fight. Charlie sighed and grabbed them both at the back of their robes.

"Stop that" Charlie told them.

"Okay Charles" they said as Caitlin laughed her ass off.

Soon they were at platform 9 3/4 and as they exited the train Caitlin could hear her mum yelling for her at the other side of the platform.

Caitlin sighed and kissed Charlie goodbye promising him that she would go to his house over the Christmas break.

"Bye Caitlin!" Fred and George said as they began to fight again. "Will you two stop it?!" Charlie said as they met up with their parents.

Caitlin smiled as she and Ryan walked over to their parents who welcomed them into their arms. Caitlin smiled "where are the twins?" She asked them as her father took her bags.

"They're with Mrs Smith" her father explained as Caitlin nodded her head. "I'm so glad to see you both okay and not in the infirmary!" Her mother said while the two oldest siblings looked at each other.

They both smiled at their mother "we are too, mom" Caitlin said smiling.

Caitlin couldn't wait to go home and see the twins. Finally half of the year was over but she still couldn't help but wonder.

Is he back?