chapter fifteen

(Monday, 31st, October, 1988)

"CAITLIN MONROE GET down here now!" She heard someone yell from the bottom of the stairs.

She sighed and got up off of her bed and then walked down the stairs, "surprise!" Tonks yelled at her and attacked her friend in a hug.

Caitlin smiled and wrapped her arms around Tonks. "Oh, Merlin. I have missed you!" Tonks yelled, "shhh, the twins are asleep" Caitlin said.

"Everyone is out of the house, mum and dad are, well I actually don't know what they are doing but they're gone and Ryan is away with one of his friends and so that left me to babysit the twins."

Tonks pouted "I wanted to go out and do something with you" Caitlin laughed and they sat down in the living room.

"That isn't going to happen today, my friend."

"Could we watch a muggle film?" Tonks asked her "you do have one of those switchy on things don't you?"

Caitlin laughed "oh tonks, they're called TVs, and films is what you put into them."

Tonks pouted once again and folded her arms across her chest.

"I knew that."

Caitlin looked back at her and softly chuckled "sure you did."

As Caitlin was putting the movie in she heard a small "kitty cat" she turned around to see Aoife with bed hair.

"Hey monster, did you sleep well?" She asked her younger sibling, who nodded her head and rubbed her eye with one of her tiny fists.

Tonks squealed and it scared Aoife, who then started to cry. Caitlin laughed and hugged Aoife until she stopped crying.

"Aoife she didn't mean it" Caitlin said as she looked at Tonks who looked awful for making the child cry.

"Calm down" Caitlin said as she started to rock her sister in her arms. Aoife went back to sleep in her sisters arms as Caitlin and Tonks made small talk, trying to be quiet so that they wouldn't wake up Aoife.

"You're good with kids" Tonks said as she looked at the peaceful Aoife in Caitlin's arms. Caitlin looked at her little sister.

"Well, maybe not that good but I did help mum with the twins whenever they were very small."

Then they heard a knock on the door. Caitlin put Aoife on the sofa and then walked to the door.

"Be careful!" Tonks whispers and Caitlin nodded her head. She opens the door to find Charlie.

"Charlie" Caitlin said "would you like to come in?" Chalire nodded his head no. "Mum doesn't even know that I'm here but I would like to tell you something."

Caitlin closed the so that they were both outside.

"Ok" she said and looked up at him.

"Caitlin, you have been in my head a lot recently. I can't get you out of my head, your laugh, your smile, when we you are angry or just generally you. Whenever I'm having a bad day or something has just happened at home you always bring my spirits you, you are just perfection. Caitlin Monroe, I really like you. I know that you do too, but if your not ready I will wait for you, but I just wanted to tell you this; you have made my life better, you just sitting next to me has made my heart race. I hope that you feel the same way because I like you."

Caitlin smiled and brought him closer towards her.

"You don't have to worry."

She stood on her tippy toes.

"I never realised that I like you as well."

Charlie smiled and kissed her, Caitlin put her arms around his neck as Charlie put his arms around her waist to hold her closer.

"FINALLY!"

Caitlin and Charlie broke away and looked at
Tonks who just went back inside the house while muttering 'sorry'.

"Caitlin Monroe will you be my girlfriend?"

"You know what Charles Weasley, I think that I will."

They smiled at each other. Caitlin then though back to what Tonks said;

"Maybe not today or tomorrow but sometime in the near future you will realise that you are in love with him and that scares you."

She fell in love with him.

He fell in love with her.

And Caitlin couldn't wait for the future.