WNTTL 3

There stood in front of me is a tall and muscular man looking intently at me before cracking into a big smile while I stood there avoiding his gaze and feeling awkward. Just who is this intimidating man in front of me.

"My my come in. You're as beautiful as your mother in the picture Lorelei", he complemented but his voice full of authority lace in it as he opened the door widely for me to come in.

" Thank you sir",I mumbled politely thanking him. He just cracked another smile before walking to ahead. I followed him immediately scanning the decorative hall and corridors while staying not to close yet not to far from the man.

The long hall was about to end and I can clearly see the lights coming from the living room when I caught something which cause me to stop abruptly. Nuh-uh this can't be.

We were greeted by my dad sitting at an expensive looking yet cozy white couch comfortable like he owned the house. Okay? I give my dad a confused looked while still standing at my current position.

"Lorelei, I've  been waiting for you", Dad smiled pointing at the empty seat beside him. I mentally argued as to sit with him or not. He looks to comfortable.

I followed after a while sitting beside him while the man sitting across as still smiling sweetly. His a smiley one for an intimidating man.

" Calm down Lorelei",dad whispered calmly at me while patting my shoulder softly which calm my nerves. The man across as cleared his throat after a while now had a serious expression on his face. I spoke to soon.

"I'm Marcus Prescott, I and your father are best of friends for a very long time now and I'm pleased to meet his only left child", he spoke authority in his voice, but his last words left a sour taste in my mouth.

Dad must have noticed my change of mood as he pat my shoulder as saying he was there and I appreciate it even a bit.

" Lionel, brought as some snacks here",Mr. Prescott yelled as a tall man come out from one of the door across us. He is wearing a suit. He must be a butler or something. He smiled and nodded at our way, his eyes lingered a bit at me before walking away.

I stayed silent as the two friends chat animatedly as something they'd done in the past before our snacks arrived which consist of a mouth watering assortment of biscuits and freshly baked croissant breads with a glass of juice and two cups of black coffee.

"So well I and you're father had a big history to be told Lorelei. We've been friends since middle school and I owe your father so much", he smiled clasping both his hands in his lap. I noticed that his words held a great meaning as his eyes spark into something. His black coffee almost empty.

" No. I owe Marcus your scholarship program Lorelei ",dad calmly said while cringing at his cup, I smiled at  that. Dad doesn't like black coffee and prefer brown coffee more with a few added teaspoons of sugar.

I nodded absentmindedly while sipping my juice but then stop and looked my smiling dad, shock and disbelief written in my face.

" Do you really believe that you're old man can afford and waste such money at such rich and prestigious school, but only if you would want there in the first place, remember that but anyways Marcus offered it after I got accepted working at his company",my dad explained now munching his biscuits unmannerly unlike Mr. Prescott there. Oh well his my dad.

"And I wanted to thank your dad for a very long time now since he disappeared in high school",Mr. Prescott added a while. I nodded slowly processing their friendship.

So Marcus Prescott is technically the owner of the school I recently attended. St. Prescott academy, a prestigious school for rich and famous. Wait, so Addison Prescott, that woman is his daughter.

"I wanted you to meet my two beautiful princesses, my pride and joy but my oldest daughter is now in an urgent meeting and my youngest, well she went somewhere a while ago before you came here, maybe next time you'll meet them. Are you okay?", Mr. Prescott asked directly at me which abruptly interrupted my thoughts.

I nodded while giving him an apologetic smile. Oh if you knew, I already meet your oldest daughter. Ms. Addison Prescott.

" Erm of course Mr. Prescott ",I said a while which cause my dad to laugh. I looked at him confused then back to Mr. Prescott.

"Lorelei, you can call me Marcus. I felt very old if you called me Mr. Prescott", Mr—erm Marcus said playfully.

The two chatted more while I fiddle with my phone and made research about my new school.

St. Prescott Academy is the school for rich and famous, and also one of the most known and prestigious school in in LA and the North America. It was based at the base of the mountains filled with trees beside the Beverly Hill's. The school ground is large. Miles and miles of ground with advanced used of technology and buildings. I just still can't believed that I, a country girl from a small country town in Texas got to attend a prestigious school.

Money is not just the bases of coming and enrolling into St. Prescott but also Academic track and Sports background. And studying really hard to maintain my  full scholarship program is an understatement. I needed to ushered and burn sweats.

It's getting dark outside and dad must've noticed it as he began to stand up from his seat, his coffee is left half of it.

"Its getting late Marcus. We must leave for dinner"

"Absolutely not. I've already arranged our dinner for tonight so stay. My wife and daughters might be here for another minute now", Marcus offered. My dad looked like his mentally debating if we would go back home or stay for dinner.

"Come on now Bradley"

"Okay, okay Marcus. Well stay for din—", my dad was interrupted by a loud bang sound from the front door as loud click of heels made its way to the living room.

She walked in and searched at the living room before greeting her father and my dad then her piercing hazel eyes stop midway when she noticed me. She looked shocked than surprised as she stare at me and as well as I.

Our dads must noticed our little staring contest as they looked back and forth at us confused. Oh hell.

I cleared my throat and break away from our stares still surprise that the girl earlier with stunning and piercing hazel eyes which almost hit me was now standing in front of me still staring.

" Oh you must known each other earlier from school. Lorelei she's one of my princess, my youngest daughter who is your age Tanya",Marcus said proudly at his said princess.

His youngest daughter, Tanya Prescott.